James Daniel Hagler
January 15, 1939 – March 7, 2019
James Daniel Hagler, age 80, of Opelika, AL, passed away Thursday, March 7, 2019 at his home. Graveside service with military honors will be held 2:00 P.M. EST Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at Fort Mitchell National Cemetery with Rev. Ray Boutwell officiating. The family will receive friends Tuesday from 12:00 P.M. until 1:30 P.M. in the Summerville Room at Striffler-Hamby, Phenix City, AL.
Mr. Hagler was born January 15, 1939 in Blue Springs, Alabama; son of the late James V. and Mary Carpenter Hagler. He served in the U.S. Navy on the U.S.S. Cotten and then went on to serve in the Army and the National Guard. As a civilian in his early years he welded and then decided to become a truck driver so he and his wife could see the United States. He was a hard working man who loved his family.
Other than his parents he was preceded in death by his wife of 58 years, Lois Adukinas Hagler and his sister, Wilma McClendon.
Survivors include his son, James A. Hagler, daughters, Cheryl Macon and Karen Fortune and husband Wayne, sisters, JoAn Watford and husband Paul and Agnes Riley; nine grandchildren, Michelle, Crystal, Ariel, Bridgett, Jimmy, Christopher, Nikki, Holly and Lil' Wayne; fourteen great grandchildren and many other relatives and friends.
- James V. Hagler, Father
- Mary Carpenter Hagler, Mother
- Lois Adukinas Hagler, Wife of 58 Years
- James A. Hagler, Son
- Cheryl Macon, Daughter
- Karen (Wayne) Fortune, Daughter
- JoAn (Paul) Watford, Sister
- Agnes (Tommy) Riley, Sister
- Wilma McClendon, Sister
- Mr. Hagler also leaves behind nine grandchildren, Michelle, Crystal, Ariel, Bridgett, Jimmy, Christopher, Nikki, Holly and Lil' Wayne; fourteen great grandchildren and many other relatives and friends to cherish his memory.
- Visitation for Family & Friends Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Graveside Service with Military Honors Tuesday, March 12, 2019