May 16, 1945 – August 5, 2019
Larry Sessions, age 74, of Phenix City, Alabama passed away Monday, August 5, 2019 at his home. Graveside funeral services will be held at 2:00 P.M. Thursday, August 8, 2019 at Lakeview Memory Gardens, according to Striffler-Hamby in Phenix City, Alabama.
Mr. Sessions was born May 16, 1945 in Detroit, MI; son of the late Wilburn Duncan Sessions and Nonia Chance Sessions. Larry was the owner of Larry Sessions Floor Covering, which his work was his greatest passion along with racing at East Alabama Motor Speedway.
Survivors include his wife of 55 years, Melanie "Mellie" Sessions of Phenix City, AL; sons, Larry Todd Sessions and wife, Charlene of Graniteville, SC, Cale Sessions and wife, Kim of Crawford, AL; daughter, Cindy Michele Storey of Phenix City, AL; grandchildren, Luke Sessions, Carsen Storey, Eliana Sessions, Kelsi Sessions, Cam Sessions and his sister, Linda Jameson and husband Bob of Bullhead, AZ.
Fond memories and condolences may be left for Larry's family at www.shphenixcity.com
- Melanie "Mellie" Sessions, Wife of 55 Years
- Larry Todd Sessions (Charlene), Son
- Cale Sessions (Kim), Son
- Cindy Michele Storey, Daughter
- Luke Sessions, Grandchild
- Carsen Storey, Grandchild
- Eliana Sessions, Grandchild
- Kelsi Sessions, Grandchild
- Cam Sessions, Grandchild
- Linda Jameson (Bob), Sister
- Wilburn Duncan Sessions, Father (deceased)
- Nonia Chance Sessions, Mother (deceased)
- Mr. Sessions also leaves behind other family members and friends to cherish his loving memory.
- Celebration of Life Graveside Service Thursday, August 8, 2019
Mike (Worm) Stuckey
August 8, 2019
So sorry for your loss. Great friend! Great memories. He will be missed.
August 8, 2019
Melanie, I am so sorry to learn of The death of your beloved Husband. My prayers are with you today and will continue as you move through the grieving process.
August 7, 2019
Larry was always smiling. I remember him both from the time he was an employee at Carpet Mill Store and after he went into business for himself full time. The ladies nicknamed him Blue Eyes.