Margaret M. Maurer
December 21, 1938 – January 5, 2019
Margaret M. Maurer, 80, of Phenix City, AL, passed away on Saturday, January 5, 2019. Funeral services will be held at the Lakewood Baptist Church at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, January 10, 2019 with Reverend M.R. Hamilton officiating. Private interment at Lakeview Memory Gardens. The family will receive friends Wednesday, January 9, 2019 from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm at the funeral home according to Striffler-Hamby Mortuary, Phenix City, AL.
Mrs. Maurer was born in Roanoke Rapids, NC on December 21, 1938 to the late William Mitchell and Edna Scott Mitchell. She was an area resident for many years and was retired from Wal-Mart where she worked as a Pharmacy Tech. She was an active member of Lakewood Baptist Church where she was in charge of the Bereavement Committee and Mrs. Maurer enjoyed volunteering with the Columbus Museum. Her husband Chris Maurer preceded her in death.
Survivors include her children, Lisa Woodburn (Norbert) of Salem, AL, Pamela Tinkler (Jack) of Columbus GA. Cathy Love of Roanoke Rapids, NC, Randy Edwards of Roanoke Rapids, NC, grandchildren, Ashley Woodburn, Jennifer Ivey and Donnie Swing, III, three great grandchildren, two brothers, Steve Mitchell (Jill) of Wilmington, NC and Richard Mitchell (Maria) of Fredericksburg, VA, sister, Sharon Equihur (Gonzalos) of Rocky Mount, NC, and a special friend, Sara Bush.
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Lakewood Baptist Church Bereavement Committee. Online condolences may be offered at www.shphenixcity.com
- Lisa Woodburn (Norbert), Daughter
- Pamela Tinkler (Jack), Daughter
- Cathy Love, Daughter
- Randy Edwards, Son
- Ashley Woodburn, Grandchild
- Jennifer Ivey, Grandchild
- Donnie Swing III, Grandchild
- Steve Mitchell (Jill), Brother
- Richard Mitchell (Maria), Brother
- Sharon Equihur (Gonzalos), Sister
- Sara Bush, Special Friend
- William Mitchell, Father
- Edna Scott Mitchell, Mother
- Chris Maurer, Husband
- Mrs. Mauer also leaves behind three great grandchildren, a host of other relatives and friends to cherish her loving memory.
- Vistation for Family and Friends Wednesday, January 9, 2019
- Funeral Services Thursday, January 10, 2019
Margaret M. Maurer
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
January 8, 2019
Margaret was a close friend. I will miss her terribly!!