Robert Lee Odom, Sr.
March 30, 1953 – August 5, 2019
Robert Lee Odom – Born March 30, 1953 went to be with Jesus Christ, his Lord and Savior on August 5, 2019. Robert was the son of the late Perry and Hazel Odom of Phenix City.
He retired from the Columbus Consolidated Government as the supervisor of the Plumbing Department. He was an avid sports fan and loved watching professional wrestling, Braves baseball, and Falcons football; however, nothing held his heart more than the University of Alabama football. (ROLL TIDE!) Robert also loved fishing and rabbit hunting.
Robert was preceded in death by his loving parents, a sister, Rebecca Renee' George, and two sons, Robert Lee Odom, Jr., and Robert Chad Patterson.
He is survived by his two sons, Corey Lee Odom (Erin) and Derek Odom both of Modesto, California, by his brother, Rodney (Jane) Odom of Hartwell, Ga., a sister, Ronda Odom Broadwater (Doug) of Phenix City, a precious grandson, Bryce Odom of Modesto. He loved and was loved much by his nieces and nephews: Tami McLendon (Dennis) of Phenix City, Teresa Owenby (Tim) of Smiths, Russell Richards, Jr. (Nita) of Robinson, TX, Darrell Odom (Sally) of Smiths, Christi Broadwater Funderburk (Brad) of Seale, Kimberly Odom Norton (Chad) of Hartwell, Bo Broadwater (DaLin) of Sweden. He has several “grand” nieces and nephews that he also loved dearly.
Fond memories and condolences may be left for the Odom family at www.shphenixcity.com.
- Corey Lee Odom (Erin), Son
- Derek Odom, Son
- Rodney Odom (Jane), Brother
- Ronda Odom Broadwater (Doug), Sister
- Bryce Odom, Grandson
- Tami McLendon (Dennis), Niece
- Teresa Owenby (Tim), Niece
- Russell Richards, Jr. (Nita), Nephew
- Darrell Odom (Sally), Nephew
- Christi Broadwater Funderburk (Brad), Niece
- Kimberly Odom Norton (Chad), Niece
- Bo Broadwater (DaLin), Nephew
- Perry Odom, Father (deceased)
- Hazel Odom, Mother (deceased)
- Rebecca Renee George, Sister (deceased)
- Robert Lee Odom, Jr., Son (deceased)
- Robert Chad Patterson, Son (deceased)
- Mr. Odom also leaves behind several "grand" nieces and nephews along with other relatives and friends to cherish his loving memory.
- Visitation for Family & Friends Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Celebration of Life Graveside service Wednesday, August 7, 2019