Yolanda Mae Summers
January 20, 1945 – November 1, 2020
Yolanda Mae Summers, 75 of Phenix City, Alabama passed away Sunday, November 1, 2020 at her home. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 A.M. Friday, November 6, 2020 in Lakewood Hall at Striffler-Hamby in Phenix City, Alabama with Pastor Ron Chaney officiating. A private burial will follow at Fort Mitchell National Cemetery. The family will receive friends Thursday, November 5, 2020 from 5:00pm until 7:00pm at the funeral home.
Mrs. Summers was born January 20, 1945 in Youngstown, Ohio; daughter of the late Frank and Mary White Bednarek. Other than her parents, she was preceded in death by her grandchildren, Donald Ray "Trey" Maples, III and Lauren Nicole Holtakers.
Survivors include her husband of 44 years, LeGary G. Summers; her children, Donald Ray Maples, Jr., Shireen Renee Holtakers, Jeffery "Todd" Maples, Sr., Wade Matthew Summers, Lisa Marie Summers and Rhonda Summers Skeen. Also surviving is her brother, Frank Bednarek (Sue); her grandchildren, Chelsea, Jeffery, Jr., Caitlin, Kalyn, McKenzie, Bethany, Leah, Kenneth, Michael, Ashley, Anthony; and 10 great-grandchildren.
- Frank and Mary White Bednarek, Parents (deceased)
- Donald Ray "Trey" Maples, III, Grandchild (deceased)
- Lauren Nicole Holtakers, Grandchild (deceased)
- LeGary G. Summers, Husband of 44 years
- Donald Ray Maples, Jr, Son
- Shireen Renee Holtakers, Daughter
- Jeffery "Todd" Maples, Sr, Son
- Wade Matthew Summers, Son
- Lisa Marie Summers, Daughter
- Rhonda Summers Skeen, Daughter
- Frank Bednarek (Sue), Brother
- Mrs. Summers is also survived by her grandchildren, Chelsea, Jeffery, Jr., Caitlin, Kalyn, McKenzie, Bethany, Leah, Kenneth, Michael, Ashley, Anthony; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Learn more about the Summers name
Visitation for Family & Friends
Thursday, November 5, 2020
Celebration of Life Funeral Service
Friday, November 6, 2020