Dorothy Cross Snell
October 30, 1936 – August 7, 2019
Dorothy Cross Snell, 83, of Nederland died Wednesday August 7, 2019 in Houston. A native of Silverton, Oregon, Dorothy has spent more than sixty years in the Port Arthur/ Nederland area. She was a retired educator from the Nederland Independent School District. She was a former member of St. James Catholic Church.
Dorothy is preceded in death by her husband, John Edward Snell; she is survived by her son Nick Ryland and his wife Cindy; a stepdaughter, Katrina Snell Gaylor and husband, Darrell Gaylor; her grandchildren, Brandie Broussard and husband, Michael; step grandchildren, John David Henegar and Emily Ann Henegar and great-grandchildren, Luke Broussard and Grace Broussard
A gathering of family and friends will begin at 9:00am on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 in the Chapel of Grammier - Oberle Funeral Home. A Funeral Service Celebrating Dorothy’s Life will begin at 11:00am in the Funeral Home Chapel. The interment will follow in Greenlawn Memorial Park.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.grammier-oberle.com for the Snell family.
- Nick (Cindy) Ryland, Son
- Brandie (Michael) Broussard, Granddaughter
- Luke Broussard, Great Grandson
- Grace Broussard, Great Granddaughter
- Dorothy is preceded in death by her husband, John Edward Snell; she is, also, a stepdaughter, Katrina Snell Gaylor and husband, Darrell Gaylor and 2 step grandchildren, John David Henegar and Emily Ann Henegar.
- Rodney Broussard
- Michael Broussard
- Phil Dixson
- Jimmy Cross
- Vince Major
- Ron Gilcrease
- A Gathering of Family and Friends Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Funeral Mass Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Dorothy Cross Snell
August 8, 2019
Dottie was such a wonderful friend to my Grandma, Louise Barclay, and such a staple of my childhood. I have fond memories of her stories and treasures. I’m so glad I got to know her. My prayers go out to your entire family.