Johnny Cortez Jr.
May 25, 1931 – July 3, 2019
Johnny Cortez, Jr., 88, of Groves, died July 3, 2019, in Spring, TX. A native and lifelong resident of Port Arthur, Mr. Cortez served his country in the United States Army. He was a retired equipment operator with Texaco. He was a former member of Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church.
Mr. Cortez, is survived by his wife, Graciela; his sons, Ricky John (Suni) Cortez of Killeen, Johnny (Shelly) Cortez, III of Spring; his daughters Carmen (Mike) Boudreaux of League City, Kelly Cortez of Groves and Patricia (Glenn) Suire of Spring. Mr. Cortez, also, leaves eight grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
Funeral services are scheduled for 11:00 a.m., Wednesday July 10, 2019 in the Chapel of Grammier - Oberle Funeral home. The family will receive friends Tuesday evening from 5:00 – 9:00PM with the recitation of the rosary at 6:30pm. The interment will be in Greenlawn Memorial Park.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.grammier-oberle.com for the Cortez family.
- Graciela Cortez, Wife
- Ricky John (Suni) Cortez, Son
- Johnny (Shelly) Cortez III, Son
- Carmen (Mike) Boudreaux, Daughter
- Kelly Cortez, Daughter
- Patricia (Glenn) Suire, Daughter
- Mr. Cortez is also survived by his grandchildren, Jaimie Picciandra, Dusty Suire, Kimberly Willis, Chelsea Cortez, Lisa Cortez, Aaron Suire, Christine Cortez and Shelby Murphy and 4 great grandchildren, Jonathan Picciandra, Brandon Picciandra, Rylee Suire and Caya Sibley.
- Mike Boudreaux
- Glenn Suire
- Dusty Suire
- Aaron Suire
- Chelsea Cortez
- Michael Willis
- Brandon Picciandra
- Bakr Alazawy
- Visitation Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, July 10, 2019
Johnny Cortez Jr.
July 10, 2019
My deepest condolences to the Cortez family.
July 8, 2019
My condolences to the Cortez family. Johnny you were always so upbeat and happy. Rest in peace.