August 23, 1919 – February 10, 2020
Virginia Colletti, 100, of Houston and formerly of Port Arthur passed away on Monday, February 10, 2020, at Brookdale Senior Living in Houston, Texas.
Virginia was one of the founders of the Italian American Cultural Society of Southeast Texas and taught Italian lessons. She was an officer in the Department Club. Virginia was a Eucharistic Minister at St. James Catholic Church and a member of the Altar Society and the Serra Club. She loved to travel with her late husband and enjoyed her family.
Virginia was born on August 23, 1919 in Salaparuta, Italy to Joseph and Sarah Corte. Her family immigrated to the United States when she was three, settling in New Orleans. She graduated from the Dominican College with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Home Economics and became a school teacher. She married Victor Colletti of Port Arthur where they raised their family.
A visitation will take place from 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2020, at St. James Catholic Church with a Mass of Christian Burial to immediately follow at 2:00 p.m. Friday at the church. Entombment will follow at Greenlawn Memorial Park in Groves, Texas.
Mrs. Colletti was preceded in death by her husband, Victor of 56 years and her son, Victor James. She is survived by her daughters, Roseanne Harris of Old Tappan, New Jersey, Sarah Colletti and her husband Roger Baker of Houston, Texas, sons, Laurence Colletti of Denver, Colorado and Chris Colletti and his wife Susan of Cedar Park, Texas; seven grandchildren, Laurence Colletti, Sarah Reynolds and husband Matt, Ashleigh Colletti and her husband David Colwill, Meaghan Colletti, Christina Colletti, Victoria Harris, Jordan Baker; great grandchildren, Chance and Vivian Reynolds.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.grammier-oberle.com for the Colletti family.
- Roseanne Harris, Daughter
- Sarah Colletti (Roger Baker), Daughter
- Laurence Colletti, Son
- Chris Colletti (Susan), Son
- Laurence Colletti, Grandson
- Sarah Reynolds (Matt), Granddaughter
- Ashleigh Colletti (David Colwill), Granddaughter
- Meaghan Colletti, Granddaughter
- Christina Colletti, Granddaughter
- Victoria Harris, Granddaughter
- Jordan Baker, Grandson
- Chance Reynolds, Great Grandson
- Vivian Reynolds, Great Granddaughter
- Laurence J. Colletti, Pallbearer
- Christopher Colletti, Pallbearer
- Laurence V. Colletti, Pallbearer
- Jordan Baker, Pallbearer
- Roger Baker, Pallbearer
- Matthew Reynolds, Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, February 14, 2020
- Rosary Friday, February 14, 2020
- A Mass of Christian Burial Friday, February 14, 2020
- Burial Friday, February 14, 2020
February 16, 2020
Sorry to hear about your Mom’s passing. Looked forward to seeing her at Mass on Sunday’s. She was a very gracious lady.
You and your family are in my prayers during this difficult time.
February 13, 2020
Sarah, so sorry to learn of your mom's passing. 100 years . . . amazing . . . a life well lived. You are all in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Rene Gibson
February 13, 2020
Sending you prayers and love in this time if sorrow.