Donald F. Parrott
May 17, 1926 – November 1, 2018
Donald Foster Parrott, age 92, passed away Wednesday November 1, 2018.
Beloved father of Michael (Michelle) Parrott, Richard (Sandie) Parrott, Marcia Parrott, Jane (Alan) Hayman, Lawrence (Fedila) Parrott, and Nancy (Randy) Willis; dear grandfather of Megan Dunn, Melissa Konkol, Jeremy Parrott, Robert, Adam, and Wendy Messenger, Erica Rhein, Gregory Hayman, and Larissa and Cassidy Parrott; great-grandfather of 14 great-grandchildren; and brother of Joan Reaume. Don was predeceased by his lovely wife Majorie; daughter Pamela Bradley; parents Bernard and Bertha (Hale) Parrott; brother John Parrott; and grandson Joel Bradley.
Don was born in Flint, Michigan on May 17, 1926. He graduated from St. Michael’s Catholic High School in Flint and joined the U.S. Army during WWII. Don served in the Philippines as a radio operator. He married Marjorie Ann Mosier in Flint at St. Michaels Catholic Church on October 12, 1946. Don raised his family in Flint and he worked in Data Processing for Chevrolet Assembly, retiring in 1978.
Don attended St. Irenaeus Catholic Church in Rochester. He loved doing family tree work, fishing in Leelanau, and watching the Detroit Tigers and Michigan Football.
Don’s family will receive visitors for a visitation on Wednesday November 7th, 2018 from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Thursday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of funeral service at 10 a.m. at Pixley Funeral Home, located at 322 West University Drive in downtown Rochester, Michigan.
Memorial contributions may be made in Don and Marjorie’s honor to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation online at www.pdf.org.
- Marjorie Ann (nee Mosier) Parrott, Wife
- Michael (Michelle) Parrott, Son
- Richard (Sandie) Parrott, Son
- Marcia Parrott, Daughter
- Jane (Alan) Hayman, Daughter
- Lawrence (Fedila) Parrott, Son
- Nancy (Randy) Willis, Daughter
- Pamela Bradley, Daughter
- Megan Dunn, Granddaughter
- Melissa Konkol, Granddaughter
- Jeremy Parrott, Grandson
- Robert Messenger, Grandson
- Adam Messenger, Grandson
- Wendy Messenger, Granddaughter
- Erica Rhein, Granddaughter
- Gregory Hayman, Grandson
- Larissa Parrott, Granddaughter
- Cassidy Parrott, Granddaughter
- Joel Bradley, Grandson
- 14 Great-Grandchildren, Unspecified
- Bernard Parrott, Father
- Bertha (nee Hale) Parrott, Mother
- Joan Reaume, Sister
- John Parrott, Brother
- Parkinson's Foundation
- Visitation Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Visitation Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, November 8, 2018