Jackson L. Edelen
March 25, 1930 – April 4, 2019
Jackson Lewis Edelen, 89, passed away April 4, 2019 in Rochester, Michigan.
He is survived by his wife of 59 years, Barbara (Chapdelaine) Edelen; his son, Stephen Edelen and his wife, Susan Edelen; his daughter, Lisa (Edelen) Zandi and her husband, Matthew Zandi; three grandchildren, Donald Edelen, Matthew Zandi Jr., and Maria Zandi; three great-grandchildren, Lilly Edelen, Paige Edelen, and Maddie Edelen.
Born March 25, 1930 in Orion Township, he spent his young years working in the Upper Peninsula cutting timber before enlisting in the Air Force. Jackson is a veteran of the Korean War, stationed in the Philippines where he worked on B-17 Bombers. Following his tour, he married, had children and worked at General Motors for 31 years while also running an excavating business. He enjoyed many retirement years working in his yard and spending time with family and friends.
Visitation will be held at Pixley Funeral Home, in Rochester, on Thursday, April 11, 2019, from 4:00 to 8:00 PM.
Funeral Mass will be at St. Andrew Catholic Church, in Rochester, on Friday, April 12, 2019 at 12:00 PM, In State at 11:30 AM.
Interment will be at Great Lakes National Cemetery, Holly, Michigan at a later date.
- Barbara (Chapdelaine) Edelen, Wife
- Stephen (Susan) Edelen, Son
- Lisa (Matthew) Zandi, Daughter
- Donald Edelen, Grandson
- Matthew Zandi Jr., Grandson
- Maria Zandi, Granddaughter
- Lilly Edelen, Great Granddaughter
- Paige Edelen, Great Granddaughter
- Maddie Edelen, Great Granddaughter
- Memorial Gathering Thursday, April 11, 2019
- Memorial Gathering Friday, April 12, 2019
- Memorial Mass Friday, April 12, 2019