Marjorie Kathleen Taylor
September 5, 1928 – July 7, 2018
Marjorie Kathleen Taylor "Kappy", age 89, of Rochester, Michigan passed away on Saturday, July 7, 2018.
Loving mother of David (Lisa) and Doug (Martha) Taylor, and Barbara (Larry ) Stringer; caring grandmother of Corey (Niki) Stringer, Stephanie (Don) Sanderson, and Erin, Katie, and Ellie Taylor; and great-grandmother of Charlotte and Peter Stringer, and Quinn and Maisie Sanderson. Kappy was predeceased by her husband LeRoy Taylor; parents Marion and Henrietta (Cook) Sims; and her sister Helen Burmann.
Kappy was born in Hannibal, Missouri on September 5, 1928. She moved to Michigan and graduated from high school in Detroit. Kappy married LeRoy Taylor on October 8, 1948 in Detroit, Michigan. She and Leroy raised their family in Rochester, Michigan. They were members of First Congregational Church.
Kappy loved to garden, golf, ski, and play tennis. She was a member of the Rochester Farm and Garden Club and the Brookwood Golf Club.
Kappy's family will welcome all for a memorial service on Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 3 p.m. followed by a memorial gathering until 5 p.m. at Pixley Funeral Home, located at 322 W. University Drive in downtown Rochester, Michigan.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Kappy's honor to the Rochester branch of the Woman's National Farm and Garden Association. Make checks payable to "Rochester Branch WNF&GA" and mail to Carol Steurer, 4023 Vendome Dr., Auburn Hills, MI 48326.
- LeRoy Taylor, Husband
- David (Lisa) Taylor, Son
- Doug (Martha) Taylor, Son
- Barbara (Larry) Stringer, Daughter
- Corey (Niki) Stringer, Grandson
- Stephanie (Don) Sanderson, Granddaughter
- Erin Taylor, Granddaughter
- Katie Taylor, Granddaughter
- Ellie Taylor, Granddaughter
- Charlotte Stringer, Great Grandchild
- Peter Stringer, Great Grandchild
- Quinn Sanderson, Great Grandchild
- Maisie Sanderson, Great Grandchild
- Marion Sims, Father
- Henrietta (nee Cook) Sims, Mother
- Helen Burmann, Sister
- Memorial Service Saturday, July 21, 2018
- Memorial Gathering Saturday, July 21, 2018