Raymond L. Parker
October 8, 1924 – July 29, 2019
Raymond Leroy Parker, age 94, of Auburn Hills passed away Monday July 29, 2019.
Ray was born in Detroit on October 8, 1924, and graduated from Cass Tech High School in Detroit, class of 1942. He enlisted in the Navy and served as a radio operator on an aircraft carrier during WWII.
After his service he met Dorothy Cieslak at a Packicz Day Party where they began their loving courtship, and later married on August 2nd,1947 at St Florian Church in Hamtramck, Michigan.
He graduated from the University of Michigan in 1950 with a degree in Electrical Engineering. He and Dorothy then raised their three daughters in Detroit, Southfield and Exton, Pennsylvania.
Raymond was employed as an Electrical Engineer at Burroughs from 1951-1976. After retiring, he went on to a position at General Motors.
After almost 50 years of marriage, his beloved wife Dorothy passed away in 1996.
Many years later Ray met Eva Taber at a local dance where they found companionship leading to marriage in 2002.
Ray loved fishing, making popcorn and playing cards with his family and, as his family teased, his favorite hobby was trading stock.
Ray is survived by his second wife Eva Taber, children Maggie Parker, Barb (John) Pieknik, son in law Terry Munn, grand children Melanie (Alan ) Schlutow and Laura (Jason) Murphy; Great grandchildren Jonah and Zoe Murphy, Lily and Oliver Schlutow; Eva’s son Mike (Sharon) Taber, and their family Jessica (Will) Bruce and Kristen Taber and Eva’s grandson Liam, as well as many loving nieces and nephews
Ray is predeceased by his first wife Dorothy and daughter Connie Munn, parents Peter Cornelia Goszcynski, and step mother Michalina Szergzenlewski, siblings Caroline (Bill) Gumbetter, Joe (Nona) Parker, Irene Cieslinski, Helen (John) McIntosh, Genevieve (Harry) Czostkowski, Rose (Ed) Malinowski, Mary Jane (Barney) Zawrotny.
Ray began his life as the son of Polish immigrants struggling to make it in this country. Then through determination and perseverance he became successful and highly respected in his career and loved by those who knew him.
Ray will lie in state on Friday August 2, 2019 from 9:30 until the start of 10 am funeral mass at St. Andrew Catholic Church located at 1400 Inglewood Ave. in Rochester MI
Internment will be at 11:45 a.m. at All Saints Cemetery in Waterford, MI
In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Ray’s honor to The Care Team Hospice 5401 Gateway Center Suite D Flint, MI 48507 or American Cancer Society: www.cancer.org
- Eva Taber, Wife
- Dorothy (Cieslak) Parker, Wife (deceased)
- Maggie Parker, Daughter
- Barb (John) Pieknik, Daughter
- Terry Munn, Son-in-law
- Connie Munn, Daughter (deceased)
- Melanie (Alan ) Schlutow, Granddaughter
- Laura (Jason) Murphy, Granddaughter
- Jonah Murphy, Great Grandchild
- Zoe Murphy, Great Grandchild
- Lily Schlutow, Great Grandchild
- Oliver Schlutow, Great Grandchild
- Mike (Sharon) Taber, Eva's Son
- Jessica (Will) Bruce, Unspecified
- Kristen Taber, Unspecified
- Eva’s grandson Liam, Other
- Peter and Cornelia Goszcynski, Parents (deceased)
- Michalina Szergzenlewski, Step Mother (deceased)
- Caroline (Bill) Gumbetter, Sister (deceased)
- Joe (Nona) Parker, Brother (deceased)
- Irene Cieslinski, Sister (deceased)
- Helen (John) McIntosh, Sister (deceased)
- Genevieve (Harry) Czostkowski, Sister (deceased)
- Rose (Ed) Malinowski, Sister (deceased)
- Mary Jane (Barney) Zawrotny, Sister (deceased)
- Instate Friday, August 2, 2019
- Funeral Mass Friday, August 2, 2019