Russell "Tom" Sowersby
May 4, 1928 – July 23, 2018
Russell Tom Sowersby, age 90 of Oakland Township Michigan, passed away on Monday July 23, 2018. Beloved father of Jill (Gary) Porter, grandfather of Russell James (Paige) Porter, and great-grandfather of Russell & Norah Porter.
Russell was born in Detroit, Michigan on May 4, 1928. He graduated from school and then later married Arla Spencer on January 26, 1951 in Oxford, Michigan. Russell raised his family in Oakland Township. He worked for Michigan Bell for 32 years and retired in 1988. Russell was a lifetime member of the Masonic Lodge.
Russell was passionate about his family, home, and woodworking. He loved to travel with his family in their trailer up north in Michigan and to Disney World.
Russell’s family will welcome all for a visitation on Sunday July 29, 2018 from 4 - 8pm and on Monday from 10am until the time of funeral service at 11:00am at Pixley Funeral Home, located at 322 W. University Drive in downtown Rochester, Michigan.
- Arla (nee Spencer) Sowersby, Wife
- Jill (Gary) Porter, Daughter
- Russell James (Paige) Porter, Grandson
- Russell Porter, Great Grandson
- Norah Porter, Great Granddaughter
- Visitation Sunday, July 29, 2018
- Visitation Monday, July 30, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, July 30, 2018