ADRIA C DEROCHE
February 16, 1924 – December 10, 2019
Auburn: Adria C. DeRoche (Peggy) passed away on December 10, 2019 at the Androscoggin Hospice House in Auburn. She was a long-time resident of 840 Somerset Street in Rumford. Born in Roxbury on February 16, 1924, she was the daughter of Merle and Myrtle (Bean) Philbrick. Peggy attended Mexico schools and was a graduate of Mexico High School. She married Norman DeRoche on November 10, 1941.
She worked alongside her husband in his grocery stores and later in his bottle redemption depot. She also worked at the Rumford Shoe Shop and was a volunteer at the Free Store in Mexico. In her leisure time, Peggy enjoyed knitting, crafts, rides on the back roads of Oxford and Franklin counties, stock car races at Oxford Plains, visiting family and friends, and playing the slot machines at the casino.
Peggy is survived by her son, James DeRoche and wife Karen, of N. Monmouth; son Glendon DeRoche, of Rumford; her grandchildren Eric Dawson and wife Christine, of Moreau, NY; Jennifer Ross and husband John, of Rowley, MA; Kristy Morsey of Belmont; and James DeRoche and wife Alicia, of Lisbon. She is survived by seven great grandchildren; two step-great grandchildren; sister Patty Austin of Rumford; sister Beverly Boyle and husband Lee, of Hopewell, VA; and brother Rodney Philbrick and wife Stella, of Rumford.
Peggy is predeceased by her husband, Norman; daughter, Sheri Dawson; sisters Muriel Downs, Methyl Cantin, Glory Leighton, Polly Robinson, Mona Young, Esley Thompson, Audrey Thompson, Barbara Bouchard, and Nancy Jean Philbrick; and brothers Johnny Philbrick, Marshall Philbrick, Glendon Philbrick, Gary Philbrick, and Dick Philbrick.
The DeRoche family would like to thank the wonderful nursing staff at the Rumford Community Home and the Androscoggin Hospice House for their loving care of Peggy while she resided there.
There will be a graveside service in the spring at the Demeritt Cemetery in West Peru.
- There will be a graveside service in the spring at the Demeritt Cemetery in West Peru.