Donald "Vic" Perry
March 26, 1927 – April 5, 2019
South Paris – Donald “Vic” Perry, 92, formerly of East Bethel passed away on Friday April 5, 2019 at the Maine Veterans’ Home in South Paris, following a brief illness, surrounded by his loving family. He was born in Rumford, Maine on March 26, 1927, a son of Anthony and Violet (Chamberlain) Perry. Vic was educated in Rumford Schools, and served in the U.S. Army and the U.S. Navy. He was a plumber by trade, having worked in Connecticut and Maine. Vic was a member of the VFW Post 1641. He loved fishing, boxing, making fudge and playing cards daily with his wife Claire. Vic is survived by his wife of 63 years Claire (Bernard) Perry, daughters; Cynthia Simmons and husband Stephen of East Andover, Susan Swasey and husband Barry of Andover, grandchildren; Kier Simmons and wife Natalie, Eric Swasey and wife Andrea, Katherine Benson and husband Jeffrey, great grandchildren; Violet and Eve Simmons, Avery and Adalyn Swasey, and Lauren Benson. He was predeceased by his parents, son Timothy, siblings Robert, Herman, Pearl, and Yvonne. The family would like to offer a special thank you to the wonderful staff at the Maine Veterans’ Home for the wonderful care given to Vic. In lieu of flowers contributions in Vic’s memory may be made to the Residents Activity Fund at Maine Veteran’s Home 477 High Street South Paris ME 04281.
- Anthony Perry, Father
- Violet (Chamberlain) Perry, Mother
- Claire Ann (Bernard) Perry, Wife
- Cynthia Simmons & Husband Stephen, Daughter
- Susan Swasey & Husband Barry, Daughter
- Timothy Perry, Son
- Kier Simmons & Wife Natalie, Grandson
- Eric Swasey & Wife Andrea, Grandson
- Katherine Benson & Husband Jeffrey, Granddaughter
- Violet & Eve Simmons, Avery & Adalyn Swasey, Lauren Benson, Great Grandchildren
- Vic was also predeceased by his siblings, Robert, Herman, Pearl and Yvonne.
- In lieu of flowers contributions in Vic’s memory may be made to the Residents Activity Fund at Maine Veteran’s Home 477 High Street South Paris ME 04281.
- Funeral Service Saturday, April 13, 2019
Donald "Vic" Perry
April 9, 2019
My sympathies to your Family,
My maiden name is Breau (Jim and Yvette's daughter)
I have so many fond memories of Uncle Vic and Aunt Claire visiting my parents on Kimball Avenue most every holiday, birthday and any other time they may have traveled the great distance from the 'FARM'.
How my parents enjoyed their company always. The lively conversations , and everyone knows the card playing was all legal of course . SMILE !
May you all have only wonderful memories of "Uncle Vic" and God bless to all of you.