Jean M. Cote
May 17, 1927 – September 4, 2019
Rumford – Jean M. Cote, 92, formerly of Somerset Street, passed away on Wednesday September 4, 2019 at Rumford Community Home. She was born in Oquossoc, Maine on May 17, 1927 a daughter of Albert L. and Geneva M. (Ellis) McKinnon. Jean attended St. Athanasius elementary school and was a graduate of Mexico High school Class of 1946. During WWII, she was employed with Oxford Paper Co., and then for 5 years with Diamond National, and later employed with Little Folks Shop, Sampson’s Supermarket in Mexico and Laverdieres and Gigueres. Jean was a communicant of St. Theresa’s and later St. John’s. She was a member of the Dixfield and Rumford Senior Citizens. Jean enjoyed cooking, playing poker, Beano, bowling and her many trips to the casino. Surviving are her sons, Stephen O. Cote of Rumford, and Gregory L. Cote and companion Lois Brown of Rumford; and a sister, Barbara Hodge of Dixfield. She was predeceased by her parents, her husband Omer J. Cote, and seven sisters, Evelyn Fortier, Romona Gallant, Jacqueline Mailhot, Shirley Woodard, Dorothy Conrad, Florence Wardwell and Marjorie Soucy, and a brother James McKinnon. In lieu of flowers contributions in Jean’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society One Bowdoin Mill Island Suite 300 Topsham, ME 04086-1240.
- Albert L. McKinnon, Father (deceased)
- Geneva Mitchell (Ellis) McKinnon, Mother (deceased)
- Omer J. Cote, Husband (deceased)
- Stephen O. Cote, Son
- Gregory L. Cote & Companion Lois Brown, Son
- Barbara Hodge, Sister
- Jean was also predeceased by seven sisters, Evelyn Fortier, Romona Gallant, Jacqueline Mailhot, Shirley Woodard, Dorothy Conrad, Florence Wardwell and Marjorie Soucy; and a brother, James McKinnon.
- In lieu of flowers contributions in Jean’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society One Bowdoin Mill Island Suite 300 Topsham, ME 04086-1240.
- Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, September 12, 2019
Jean M. Cote
September 5, 2019
Our families been close since we were young ones.
Out of one boy and nine girls.
Am sure Jean’s sister Barbara is the only sister still with us.
Condolences to Greg and Stephen Jean’s boys.