Leo Paul Gourde
September 10, 1923 – June 11, 2019
South Paris – Leo P. Gourde, 95, of Hall Hill Road in Rumford, passed away on Tuesday June 11, 2019 at the Maine Veteran’s Home in South Paris. He was born in Jay Maine on September 10, 1923 a son of Joseph and Marie A. (Litalien) Gourde. Leo was educated in Jay schools. He entered the Army at the age of 17, serving in WWII. Leo married Pauline Chaisson on February 4, 1950, together they celebrated 60 years of marriage; she passed away on May 5, 2010. He was employed with the Rumford Public Works Department for 25 years and for many of those years served as Rumford’s official Dog Officer. Leo was a communicant of Parish of the Holy Savior and was a member of the Dixfield American Legion. He enjoyed playing Bingo, fishing and spending time with family at North Pond in the Belgrade Region. Surviving are his daughter, Linda Myers and husband Don of Vernon, CT; his son, Donald Gourde of Rumford; his loving and dearest nephew, Conrad Hennessy and wife Betty; best friend and brother in law, George Litalien and wife Anita; and several other nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents, his wife Pauline, 3 brothers, Albert, Roland and Xavier; and sisters, Cecile Hennessy, Betty LaPointe, and Theresa Brady. If so desired contributions in Leo’s memory may be made to the Resident’s Activity Fund at Maine Veteran’s Home 477 High St. South Paris, ME 04281.
- Joseph Napoleon Gourde, Father (deceased)
- Marie Anne (Litalien) Gourde, Mother (deceased)
- Pauline (Chiasson) Gourde, Wife (deceased)
- Linda Myers & Husband Don, Daughter
- Donald Gourde, Son
- Albert Gourde, Brother (deceased)
- Roland Gourde, Brother (deceased)
- Xavier Gourde, Brother (deceased)
- Cecile Hennessy, Sister (deceased)
- Betty LaPointe, Sister (deceased)
- Theresa Brady, Sister (deceased)
- If so desired contributions in Leo’s memory may be made to the Resident’s Activity Fund at Maine Veteran’s Home 477 High St. South Paris, ME 04281.
- Mass of Christian Burial Friday, July 12, 2019