Mary Adeline Richard
June 4, 1926 – March 7, 2019
Canton – Adeline Richard, 92, formerly of Roxbury Rd. in Mexico, passed away on Thursday March 7, 2019 at Pinnacle Health and Rehab in Canton with her daughter Peggy at her side. She was born in Rumford, Maine on June 4, 1926, a daughter of George and Edith (Gallant) Arsenault. Adeline attended local schools and was a graduate of Stephens High School, class of 1945. She was employed for over 25 years as a Nurse’s Aide at Rumford Hospital. Adeline was a Communicant of Parish of the Holy Savior, a member of the American Legion Auxillary and Le Paresseux Snow Shoe Club. She loved camping, cats, bowling, collecting angels, playing cribbage, traveling, and having her daily lunch and coffee at McDonald’s. Since becoming a resident of Pinnacle, Miss Adeline enjoyed playing Bingo with her friends and looked forward to her daily dish of ice cream. Adeline loved rollercoasters and at the age of 86, went on a roller coaster at Disney. Surviving are her children; Susan Patrick and husband William of Greenbush, ME., Larry Richard of Upton, ME., Gary Richard and wife Debbie of Andover, Jerry Richard and wife Kathy of Rumford, Peggy Rench and husband Frank of Mexico, 14 grandchildren, 31 great grandchildren, 3 great-great children, and her Grand Kitty “Mittens.” She was predeceased by her husband Maurice, sisters; Alice Ames, Irene Arsenault, Yvonne Crosby, brothers; William Arsenault, and Edward “Ted” Arsenault. The family would like to thank the wonderful staff at Pinnacle for the loving care given to Miss Adeline. If so desired contributions in Adeline’s memory may be made to the Resident’s Activity Fund at Pinnacle Health 26 Pleasant Street Canton, ME 04221.
- George Arsenault, Father
- Edith (Gallant) Arsenault, Mother
- Maurice A. Richard, Husband
- Susan Patrick & Husband William, Daughter
- Larry Richard, Son
- Gary Richard & Wife Debbie, Son
- Jerry Richard & Wife Kathy, Son
- Peggy Rench & Husband Frank, Daughter
- Grand Children, Fourteen
- Great Grandchildren, Thirty One
- Great Great Grandchildren, Three
- Adeline was predeceased by her three sisters, Alice Ames, Irene Arsenault and Yvonne Crosby; and her two brothers, William Arsenault and Edward "Ted" Arsenault
- If so desired contributions in Adeline’s memory may be made to the Resident’s Activity Fund at Pinnacle Health 26 Pleasant Street Canton, ME 04221.
- Visitation Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, March 14, 2019
Mary Adeline Richard
March 12, 2019
to sue, larry gary Gerry and peggy sue - so sorry to hear about your mom, I enjoyed looking at the pictures on the site of all of you and her. many memories of her and your dad at the andover house ! she had to have been born with a smile on her face as she was always smiling whenever I saw her. my thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time. peggy madigan
March 10, 2019
Adeline ...... Til I met you..... I thought I was the only one who HAD to have Ice Cream 🍦!
Your smile and caring way always brighten my day!
I Loved hearing," You're a good girl who works hard.... Someday I may have Peggy being you ice cream 🍦!"
Thank you for so many memories 💜
My turn to say....... Good night.... I Love You and thank you for caring!💖
Hugs to all! Share a Smile 😃 Adeline would except that!💚