Nancy Edna Palmer
February 23, 1940 – May 10, 2019
Nancy E. Palmer, 79, of Mexico, passed away on Friday May 10, 2019 at the Hospice House in Auburn following a brief illness. She was born in Rumford, Maine on February 23, 1940 a daughter of Maurice and Elsie (Wing) Bauer. Nancy was educated in Mexico Schools and was a graduate of Mexico High School, class of 1958. She married Hubert Palmer on December 31, 1960. They have celebrated 58 years together. In her younger years, she had been employed with J.J. Newbury and Zayre’s. Nancy was a member of the First Baptist Church in Mexico and The Red Hat Society. She loved gardening, ceramics, sewing, cooking, knitting, and collecting dolls. Surviving is her husband of 58 years Hubert Palmer, children; David Palmer, Tamara Libby and husband Pete, Randy Palmer and wife Carol, Tim Palmer and wife Kate, sisters; Sue Jodrey-Byam and husband George, Jane Bullock, Ruth Guthrie and husband Tom, brother; Lee Bauer, grandchildren; Tyffani, Sam, Joey, Savannah, Amber, Kayla, Brittany, Joshua, 16 great grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews. Nancy was predeceased by her parents, son Michael, great granddaughter Nevsa, and brother David Bauer. If so desired, contributions in Nancy’s memory may be made to the First Baptist Church 20 Roxbury Rd., Mexico, ME. 04257.
- Maurice Bauer, Father
- Elsie (Wing) Bauer, Mother
- Hubert S. Palmer, Husband
- David Palmer, Son
- Tamara Libby & Husband Pete, Daughter
- Randy Palmer & Wife Carol, Son
- Tim Palmer & Wife Kate, Son
- Sue Jodrey-Byam & Husband George, Sister
- Jane Bullock, Sister
- Ruth Guthrie & Husband Tom, Sister
- Lee Bauer, Brother
- Tyffani, Sam, Joey, Savannah, Amber, Kayla, Brittany & Joshua, Grandchildren
- Great Grandchildren, Sixteen
- Michael Bauer, Son
- David Bauer, Brother
- Nancy was also predeceased by a great granddaughter Nevsa.
- If so desired, contributions in Nancy’s memory may be made to the First Baptist Church 20 Roxbury Rd., Mexico, ME. 04257.
- Celebration of Life Wednesday, May 15, 2019