Theresa J. LaPlante
January 31, 1929 – July 21, 2019
Peru – Theresa LaPlante, 90, of Auburn Rd. in Peru, passed away peacefully on Sunday July 21, 2019 at her residence, with her loving daughter Sally by her side. She was born in Jay, Maine on January 31, 1929, one of ten children to George and Rose Marie (Vaillancourt) Litalien. Theresa was educated in Jay schools. She married Norman LaPlante on January 1, 1949 in Jay. Together they celebrated 59 years of marriage; he passed away on August 22, 2008. Theresa had been employed with Bass Shoe and Boise Cascade. She was a communicant of Parish of the Holy Savior, and lived most of her life in Peru. Theresa loved attending her husbands and his brothers’ band concerts down in Jay. She also loved swimming, but most of all, loved visiting with family in Jay and family get togethers. The family would like to offer a special thank you to Dr. Nicolette Erickson, the Oncology Nurses, and the Androscoggin Home Hospice Nurses for the wonderful care given to Theresa. Surviving are her son, Roger LaPlante of Topsham, and daughter Sally Hanson and husband Lee of Peru; a brother, George Litalien and wife Anita of Peru; three grandchildren, Tracee Hanson, Nicolas LaPlante and Kristina Miles; and two great grandchildren, Carmella Miles and Mikey Miles; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents, her husband Norman, sisters, Bernadette Arsenault, Yvonne Hurd, Irma Bilodeau, Joan Fournier, Marie Rose Smith; and three brothers, Roger Litalien, Roland Litalien, and Donald Litalien.
If so desired contributions in Theresa’s memory may be made to the Androscoggin Home Care and Hospice 15 Strawberry Avenue Lewiston, ME 04240.
- George Litalien, Father (deceased)
- Rose Marie (Vaillancourt) Litalien, Mother (deceased)
- Norman LaPlante, Husband (deceased)
- Roger LaPlante, Son
- Sally Hanson & Husband Lee, Daughter
- George Litalien & Wife Anita, Brother
- Tracee Hanson, Nicolas LaPlante, & Kristina Miles, Three Grandchildren
- Carmella Miles & Mikey Miles, Two Great Grandchildren
- Nieces & Nephews, Many
- Theresa was also predeceased by her sisters, Bernadette Arsenault, Yvonne Hurd, Irma Bilodeau, Joan Fournier and Marie Rose Smith; and brothers, Roger Litalien, Roland Litalien and Donald Litalien.
- Roger LaPlante
- Sally Hanson
- Jerry Litalien
- David Litalien
- Danny Litalien
- Nicolas LaPlante
- If so desired contributions in Theresa’s memory may be made to the Androscoggin Home Care and Hospice 15 Strawberry Avenue Lewiston, ME 04240.
- Mass of Christian Burial Friday, July 26, 2019