Betty L. Corey
November 7, 1928 – October 3, 2019
Betty Corey (nee' Lawson) passed away peacefully at the age of 90.
Betty was the beloved wife of the late George R Corey; loving mom of George D. (Danelle) Corey and Susan C. (Mark) Waters; dear grandmother of Michael Waters, Catherine Corey, Stephanie Waters, and Joseph Corey; dear twin sister of the late John M. Lawson; dear aunt, great-aunt, and a friend to many.
Betty was active in Moolah Ladies Temple Club, and volunteered at Shriners Hospital for Children. She spent many years involved with the Girl Scouts of Greater St. Louis. She enjoyed sewing and quilting, and loved lavishing attention on her grandchildren.
Visitation will be Wednesday, October 9, 2019 from 9-11am at Hoffmeister Colonial Mortuary, 6464 Chippewa Street St. Louis MO 63109. A Celebration of Betty's Life will follow immediately at 11am. Interment at Sunset Memorial Park afterward.
In lieu of flowers, contributions to St. Louis Shriners Hospital for Children in Betty's memory are greatly appreciated.
- John Bagby Lawson, Father (deceased)
- Manila Sarah Lohear, Mother (deceased)
- George R. Corey, Husband (deceased)
- George D. (Danelle) Corey, Son
- Susan C. (Mark) Waters, Daughter
- Michael Waters, Grandson
- Catherine Corey, Granddaughter
- Stephanie Waters, Granddaughter
- Joseph Corey, Grandson
- John M. Lawson, Brother (deceased)
- Visitation Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- A Celebration of Betty's Life Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- Committal Service Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Betty L. Corey
October 8, 2019
George and Sue—we cannot think of our childhood without thinking of the two of you and your parents. Betty was so much a part of our lives, truly a second mother to all three Shanahan children. She was a remarkable woman. You and your families are in our thoughts and prayers.