Bonnie Ruth Stark
March 23, 1934 – November 4, 2019
Bonnie Ruth Stark, 85, of St. Pete Beach, FL, has joined our loving Creator on Monday, November 4, 2019.
She was born March 23, 1934, in Ridgely, TN to Taft and Violet Riggs. Bonnie attended the Deering, MO schools and later studied at St. Louis Community College at Forest Park. She married Edwin E. Stark in 1974, and he survives. Also, surviving is her daughter, Cynthia (Jim) Glauert of St. Louis, son, James Reed and Jennifer Harris (close friend) of Ocala, FL; and stepson, Robert (Amy) Stark of St. Louis; grandchildren, Joshua Huck, Jessica Sexton, Trey Reed, Christopher R. Stark and Timothy R. Stark of St. Louis, and great grandchildren, Kayla Huck and Sammie Sexton of Chaffee, MO, Nathan Stark and Charlie Stark of St. Louis, Zoey Stark of St. Louis who preceded her in death. Sisters Lavonda (Glen) Rouse of Jonesboro, AR, Thresa (Marshall) Wilson of Kennett, MO; Phyllis (Jimmy) Blankenship of Kennett, MO, Mildred (Raymond) Pendergrass who preceded her in death. Brothers Joe (Dorothy) Riggs of Kennett, MO and Charles (Anna) Riggs who preceded her in death. Numerous nephews and nieces and many wonderful friends.
Bonnie loved to travel and experience diverse cultures, live music, theater and dancing, decorating, and entertaining, spending time with friends, family and grandchildren whenever possible. She attended Our Savior Lutheran Church in Saint Petersburg, FL.
The visitation is from 4 to 8 PM on Wednesday, November 13, 2019, at Hoffmeister Colonial Mortuary. The funeral service will follow on Thursday, November 14, 2019, also at Hoffmeister Colonial Mortuary at 10am. The burial will be held at the Sunset Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers the family is asking for donations in her name to the Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Missouri.
Please leave a favorite memory of Bonnie for her family to cherish at the "Add a Memory" link below.
- Taft Riggs, Father (deceased)
- Violet (nee' Cappel) Riggs, Mother (deceased)
- Edwin E. Stark, Husband
- Cynthia (Jim) Glauert, Daughter
- James (Jennifer Harris) Reed, Son
- Robert (Amy) Clark, Stepson
- Joshua Huck, Grandson
- Jessica Sexton, Granddaughter
- Trey Reed, Grandson
- Christopher R. Stark, Grandson
- Timothy R. Stark, Grandson
- Kayla Huck, Great Granddaughter
- Sammie Sexton, Great Grandchild
- Nathan Stark, Great Grandson
- Charlie Stark, Great Grandson
- Zoey Stark, Great Granddaughter (deceased)
- Lavonda (Glen) Rouse, Sister
- Thresa (Marshall) Wilson, Sister
- Phyllis (Jimmy) Blankenship, Sister
- Mildred (Raymond) Pendergrass, Sister
- Joe (Dorothy) Riggs, Brother
- Charles (Anna) Riggs, Brother
- Visitation Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Committal Service Thursday, November 14, 2019
Bonnie Ruth Stark
November 12, 2019
Our heartfelt condolences go out to Stark family. We will surely miss the presence of a truly lovable and kind person. Bonnie was an remarkable person.
From: Kavaric Family
November 7, 2019
I grew up living next door to Bonnie, Cynthia and James, Bonnie was a sweet lady, prayers too Cynthia and James, Love you all.
November 6, 2019
Sending our love & prayers. We love you Cynthia and Jim. Love Aunt Pat and Diana
November 6, 2019
Sweet Bonnie introduced me to Cindy about 24 years ago. Without Bonnie, I would never have met someone who became such a good friend. May all the memories support you through this difficult time.