October 9, 1928 – September 4, 2019
Robert E. Fick, "Uncle Bob," fortified with the Sacraments of Holy Mother Church, passed away on Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Bob was the loving son of the late Carl and Martha (nee' Szentimrey) Fick; dear brother of James (the late Marie) Fick, and the late June (the late John) Carter, and the late Donald Fick; wonderful uncle of Jann (Eric) Riggs, Jim Jr. (Ann) Fick, Lynn (Dennis) Fouts, Joe (Becky) Fick, Nancee (John) Nocchiero, John (Monica) Fick, Julie (Scott) Saputo, and the late Dan Carter; loving great-uncle and great-great-uncle; dear cousin, friend and neighbor to many.
Uncle Bob was born and grew up in St. Louis. He served our country overseas in the US Army during the Korean Conflict. When he returned home, he went to work for Brown Shoe Company and retired from there after 40 plus years of employment. Bob loved gardening, playing cards, hunting, and reading the newspaper cover to cover. He was the consummate teaser and loved to play with the kids. He will be dearly missed by all who knew and loved him.
Visitation will be Tuesday, September 10 from 9-10am at Saint Joan of Arc Catholic Church at the corner of Hampton and Pernod, with a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10am. Rite of Committal with Full Military Honors will be held immediately after Mass at Resurrection Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, Masses are preferred.
- Carl Fick, Father (deceased)
- Martha (nee' Szentimrey) Fick, Mother (deceased)
- James (the late Marie) Fick, Brother
- June (the late John) Carter, Sister (deceased)
- Donald Fick, Brother (deceased)
- Jann (Eric) Riggs, Niece
- James (Ann) Fick Jr., Nephew
- Lynn (Dennis) Fouts, Niece
- Joseph (Rebecca) Fick, Nephew
- Nancee (John) Nocchiero, Niece
- John (Monica) Fick, Nephew
- Julie (Scott) Saputo, Niece
- Daniel Carter, Nephew (deceased)
- Masses are preferred
- Visitation Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Rite of Committal with Full Military Honors Tuesday, September 10, 2019
September 5, 2019
Dear Fick Family,
Bob was a dear neighbor of my in-laws, Vic and Eda Carnaghi on Potomac. He was a true gentleman and such a great neighbor. God blessed him with a good life. My deepest sympathies to you all.