Manuela S. Gomez
November 17, 1923 – June 24, 2018
Manuela De Los Santos Gomez, 94 years of age, of San Antonio, Texas, passed away on June 24th, 2018.
Manuela Gomez was born in San Antonio, Texas to Lilia Adame and Melchor De Los Santos on November 17, 1923. She married Martin Gomez on January 15, 1943 in San Antonio. She worked for SAISD for 15 years. Manuela is preceded in death by her husband Martin Gomez in 1974, her two brothers Richard Casiano, Abraham Prado, two sisters Julia Villarreal and Mary Bernal and her grandson Martin Gomez III.
Manuela is survived by her children Hermenegilda/Herby (Juan) Selva, Martha (Rogelio) Selva, Martin (Guadalupe) Gomez, Rogelio (Rachel) Gomez, and Joaquin Gomez. She is survived by her sisters Linda Johnson and Juanita Hernandez, 12 Grandchildren, 19 Great-Grandchildren with one more on the way and 1 Great-Great Grandchild.
Pallbearers will be her 8 grandsons (Michael, Rogelio Jr, Martin, Juan, Matthew, Joaquin, Marcus and Jason)
The family of Manuela Gomez wishes to extend our sincere thanks to Embrace Home Hospice for her care. The viewing will be held from 5-9 with the rosary at 7pm on Thursday the 28th of June at Roy Akers Del Angel Funeral Home.
The funeral services will be held at 10am, Friday June 29th at St James the Apostle Catholic Church. Burial will follow at San Fernando #3 (Formerly Roselawn).
- Martin Gomez, Husband
- Richard Casiano, Brothers
- Abraham Prado, Brother
- Julia Villarreal, Sister
- Mary Bernal, Sister
- Martin Gomez III, Grandson
- Hermenegilda (Hilda) Selva and husband Juan, Daughter
- Martha Selva and husband Rogelio, Daughter
- Martin Gomez and wife Guadalupe, Son
- Rogelio Gomez and wife Rachel, Son
- Joaquin Gomez, Son
- Linda Johnson, Sister
- Juanita Hernandez, Sister
- 12 Grandchildren, 19 Great-Grandchildren with one more on the way and 1 Great-Great Grandchild.
- Rogelio Jr
- Visitation Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Rosary Service Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, June 29, 2018
- Committal Service Friday, June 29, 2018