Olivia J. Cardenas
November 17, 1920 – July 21, 2018
Olivia Jimenez Cardenas peacefully left this world on July 21, 2018 at 97 years of age. Olivia was the third of six Jimenez daughters born to Jesus and Josefa Jimenez. She is preceded in death by husband Louis T. Cardenas, sisters Carolina Escamilla, Rebecca Cardona, Beatrice Gomez, Sue Flores, son Roger Cardenas. Olivia is survived by her children Hector (Delia), Elva, Ronald and Louis Jr., grandchildren, nieces, nephews and sister Rose Amparan.
Olivia was a performer with “Las Elidenas”, one of San Antonio’s early professional folkloric dance groups. She was sweet, kind, thoughtful, loving and a devoted wife, mother and grandmother. The Jimenez sisters were always in each other’s company. They spent many Saturdays having lunch, then going to Olivia’s home to play canasta, later taking a coffee and pan dulce break before starting another round of canasta. Olivia will be dearly missed.
Visitation will begin on Sunday, July 29, 2018, 5:00 to 9:00 pm with rosary at 7:00 pm. Funeral Mass on Monday, July 30, 2018, 10:30 am at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, 350 Sutton 78228.
- Olivia is survived by her children Hector (Delia), Elva, Ronald and Louis Jr., grandchildren, nieces, nephews and sister Rose Amparan.
- Visitation Sunday, July 29, 2018
- Rosary Service Sunday, July 29, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, July 30, 2018
- Committal Service Monday, July 30, 2018