Charles Green Morgan
March 23, 1941 – April 14, 2018
Charles Green Morgan, age 77, of Wilmer, Alabama passed away on Saturday, April 14, 2018. Charles was born March 23, 1941 in Monroeville, Alabama to Elma Wiggins Morgan and John Green Morgan.
Charles is survived by his wife of 49 years, Vanadis "Van" Morgan; son, Eddie (Amy) Morgan; daughter, Heidi Morgan (Scott) Radway; sister, Johnnie Mae Bailey; three grandchildren, Russ Morgan, Ean Morgan, and Morgan Radway; and numerous nieces, nephews, family, and friends.
Charles was preceded in death by his parents, John Green Morgan and Elma Wiggins Morgan; brother, John A. "Buddy" Morgan; and two sisters, Lenora Chapman and Ann Harvison.
A visitation for Charles will be held Thursday, April 19, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Radney Funeral Home, 1200 Industrial Pkwy, Saraland, Alabama 36571. A funeral service will occur Friday at 10:00 a.m. at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Mobile Memorial Gardens, 5956 Three Notch Rd, Mobile, Alabama 36619.
Serving as pallbearers are Scott Radway, Alan Rush, Henry Hoven, Tommy Bailey, Jr., Russ Morgan and Ean Morgan.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Charles' memory may be made to MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, Texas 77030, www.mdanderson.org; and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Pl, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, www.stjude.org.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.RadneyFuneralHome-Saraland.com for the Morgan family.
- Vanadis "Van" Morgan, Wife of 49 years
- Eddie (Amy) Morgan, Son
- Heidi Morgan (Scott) Radway, Daughter
- Johnnie Mae Baiey, Sister
- Russ Morgan, Grandchild
- Ean Morgan, Grandchild
- Morgan Radway, Grandchild
- John Green Morgan, Father
- Elma Wiggins Morgan, Mother
- John A. "Buddy" Morgan, Brother
- Lenora Chapman, Sister
- Ann Harvison, Sister
- Henry Hoven, Active Pallbearer
- Tommy Bailey, Jr., Active Pallbearer
- Russ Morgan, Active Pallbearer
- Ean Morgan, Active Pallbearer
- Alan Rush, Active Pallbearer
- Scott Radway, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, April 19, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, April 20, 2018
- Committal Service