Doris Stainton Pruett
August 26, 1925 – January 17, 2019
Doris Stainton Pruett, 93, passed away on Thursday morning, January 17, 2019, at her home in Chickasaw, Alabama, where she resided for 67 years. Born in Laurel, Mississippi, Doris faithfully served her Lord, her husband, and her family throughout her life. She loved cooking for her family and spending her time gardening, reading, and working crossword puzzles. She loved her cat(s). Above all, she was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and friend. Doris was an active member of Fountain of Life Church, and is survived by her husband of 70 years, John F. Pruett; one sister, Louise Duncan and her husband Jim; two sons, Michael and his wife Gloria, and David and his wife Patricia; three grandchildren, Christopher and his wife Brandi, Brandy, and Elizabeth; two great-grandchildren, Baylee and Mason; and many nieces, nephews, and extended family members. Funeral services will be held from Fountain of Life Church on Saturday, January 19, 2019, at 11 a.m. The family will receive friends at the church from 9 a.m. until the service hour. Interment will be in Mobile Memorial Gardens. Condolences may be offered at www.radneyfuneralhome-saraland.com. Arrangements by Radney Funeral Home, 1200 Industrial Pkwy., Saraland, AL 36571.
- Newton George Stainton, Father
- Ethel Ingram Stainton, Mother
- John F. Pruett, Husband of 70 Years
- Louise & Jim Duncan, Sister & Brother-in-law
- Michael & Gloria Pruett, Son & Daughter-in-law
- David & Patricia Pruett, Son & Daughter-in-law
- Survivors also include three grandchildren, Christopher and his wife Brandi, Brandy, and Elizabeth; two great-grandchildren, Baylee and Mason; and many nieces, nephews, and extended family members.
- Visitation Saturday, January 19, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, January 19, 2019