Helen Annette Rowell Knight
June 23, 1929 – July 7, 2019
Annette R. Knight, age 90, a native of Citronelle, and a long-time resident of Mobile, died on Sunday, July 7, 2019. She was a devoted wife, daughter, mother, grandmother, aunt, and cherished friend to many. She was a devout Christian, and remained committed to her family’s church, New Home Baptist in Citronelle, until the last years of her life.
She was preceded in death by her husband of over fifty years, Burl L. Knight, her father, Johnnie Rowell, her mother, Mattie Howard Rowell, and three sisters, Louise Rowell Bailey, Bernice Rowell Farnell, and Evelyn Rowell Burch. She is survived by her son, Wayne Knight of Little Rock, Arkansas and his wife Gay, two granddaughters, Jennifer Knight Brewer and Elizabeth Knight, two great-granddaughters, Georgia May Brewer and Sandra Jane Brewer, and one great-grandson, Gregory Gene Brewer, all of Little Rock, one sister Johnie Rowell Willission, of Mobile, as well as countless nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends. She also leaves behind her loving and devoted caregivers, Stephanie Williams, Gwen Johnson, Beverly Woodard, Angela Brown, Amelia Watts, and Princess Watts, who, over the years, have truly become a part of our family.
Visitation will be held at the Radney Funeral Home in Saraland on Saturday, July 13, 2019 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am. Funeral services will follow at 11:00 a.m. from New Home Baptist Church, Citronelle, AL. Burial will be in Rowell Cemetery, Citronelle, AL.
In lieu of flowers, donations should be sent to the New Home Baptist Church, 16641 Prine Road, Citronelle, Alabama 36522.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.RadneyFuneralHome-Saraland.com for the Knight family.
- Burl L. Knight, Husband
- Johnnie Rowell, Father
- Mattie Howard Rowell, Mother
- Louise Rowell Bailey, Sister
- Bernice Rowell Farnell, Sister
- Evelyn Rowell Burch, Sister
- Wayne Knight, Son
- Gay Knight, Daughter-in-law
- Jennifer Knight Brewer, Granddaughter
- Elizabeth Knight, Granddaughter
- Georgia May Brewer, Great Granddaughter
- Sandra Jane Brewer, Great Granddaughter
- Gregory Gene Brewer, Great Grandson
- Johnie Rowell Willission, Sister
- She also leaves behind countless nieces, nephews, cousins, friends, and her loving and devoted caregivers, Stephanie Williams, Gwen Johnson, Beverly Woodard, Angela Brown, Amelia Watts, and Princess Watts, who, over the years, have truly become part of the family.
- Visitation Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, July 13, 2019