Luther Leo Johnson
April 4, 1934 – January 7, 2019
Mr. Luther Leo Johnson, age 84, longtime resident of Axis, AL, passed away on Monday, January 7, 2019. Mr. Johnson is preceded in death by his loving wife of 56 years, Rose, parents, George and Ella Andrews Johnson , brother, Darriel Johnson and sister, Lucille Williams. Mr. Johnson was retired after 42 years as a Machine Operator with International Paper Company and served his country honorably in the United States Army. He was a longtime member of Axis First Baptist Church. His family will remember his love of working in his yard, and spending time with his family. Mr. Johnson is survived by his sisters, Janice Henderson, Glynda (Allen) Parnell, Lynda (Jimmy) Patrick, brother, Curtis (Judy) Johnson and devoted sister-in-law and caregiver Jean Johnson. He is also survived by his nieces and nephews; Monica, Mason, Tanya , Steven, Sammy Ray, Linda Kay, Brian, Darlena, Jason, Danny Ray, Donnie, Cynthia and a host of great nieces, nephews and other relatives. The family would like to express their thanks to Judy Johnson, Alacare and Crowne Nursing Home in Citronelle for your faithful and loving care of Mr. Johnson. Visitation will be held at Radney Funeral Home, Saraland, AL on Friday, January 11, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. Funeral services will be held in the funeral home chapel beginning at 2:00 p.m. with Bro. Steve Ard officiating. Interment will follow in Forest Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Danny Ray Johnson, Donnie Johnson, Johnathan Smart, Johnny Murphy, Eugene Frazier, Jr. and Steven Andrews. Condolences may be offered at www.radneyfuneralhome.saraland.com.
- Janice Henderson, Sister
- Glynda Parnell (Allen), Sister
- Lynda Patrick (Jimmy), Sister
- Curtis Johnson (Judy), Brother
- Jean Johnson, Sister-in-law
- Mr. Johnson is preceded in death by his loving wife of 56 years, Rose, parents, George and Ella Andrews Johnson , brother, Darriel Johnson and sister, Lucille Williams. He is also survived by his nieces and nephews; Monica, Mason, Tanya , Steven, Sammy Ray, Linda Kay, Brian, Darlena, Jason, Danny Ray, Donnie, Cynthia and a host of great nieces, nephews and other relatives. .
- Visitation Friday, January 11, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, January 11, 2019
Luther Leo Johnson
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
January 13, 2019
We were so sad to hear that Bo had passed away. Bo (and Rose) were members of our church. He was such a sweet man and was always so kind to you. When l saw him at church, l would look at his eyes and would just have to go hug him. We loved the Johnson family. Bo will surely be missed.