Mamie Sue Childress
January 17, 1937 – January 16, 2019
Mamie Sue Childress – an 81 year-old native of McCool, Mississippi and longtime resident of Eight Mile, Alabama passed away at her home on Tuesday, January 16, 2019. She was sales representative for Hancock Fabrics for many years. Mrs. Childress loved sewing, quilting, gardening, and antiquing. She loved her God and was a longtime member of Indian Springs Baptist Church. Mrs. Childress was generous and understanding with others. Her wonderful personality will be truly missed. Mrs. Childress was preceded in death by her beloved husband, Oliver Cleveland Childress. She is survived by her children, Jerry Childress and Tammy Vickers; grandchildren, Brandon Vickers (Brittany) and Star Parrillo (Tony); great-grandchildren, Maegan, Mallory, and Marley Parrillo; siblings, other relatives, and many friends. Funeral services will be held from the chapel of Radney Funeral Home on Monday, January 21, 2019, at 2 p.m. The family will receive friends at the funeral home from 12 p.m. until the service hour. Interment will be in Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens. Condolences may be offered at www.radneyfuneralhome-saraland.com. Arrangements by Radney Funeral Home, 1200 Industrial Parkway, Saraland, Alabama 36571.
- Lonnie Hughes, Father
- Fannie L. Ford Hughes, Mother
- Oliver Cleveland Childress, Beloved Husband
- Jerry Childress, Son
- Tammy Vickers, Daughter
- Brandon & Brittany Vickers, Grandson & Wife
- Star & Tony Parrillo, Granddaughter & Husband
- Maegan, Mallory, & Marley Parrillo, Great-grandchildren
- Survivors also include siblings, other relatives, and many friends.
- Visitation Monday, January 21, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, January 21, 2019