Mary Lou Gibson Huggins
December 17, 1916 – September 5, 2018
Mary Lou Gibson Huggins, age 101, of Chunchula, Alabama passed away on Wednesday, September 5, 2018. Mary was born December 17, 1916 in Leakesville, Mississippi to Carrie Helveston Gibson and John Gibson.
Mary is survived by sons, Harold Ray (Betty) Huggins and Richard L. (Betty) Huggins; sister, Joyce Boykin; grandchildren, Dennis (Lisa) Huggins, Denise (Ken) Smith, Tim (Monica) Huggins, and Richard (April) Huggins, Jr.; seven great-grandchildren; seven great-great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces, nephews, family, and friends.
Mary was preceded in death by her husband, Millard "Bill" Huggins; parents, John Gibson and Carrie Helveston Gibson; brothers, Philip Gibson, JC Gibson, and Glen Gibson; and sisters, Mavis Welford, Doris Turner, and Dora Lee Stewart.
A visitation for Mary will be held Friday, September 7, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Radney Funeral Home, 1200 Industrial Pkwy, Saraland, Alabama 36571. A celebration of life will occur Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at Fountain of Life Church, 1277 Jubilee Dr, Saraland, Alabama 36571. An interment will occur at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens, 10000 Celeste Rd, Saraland, Alabama 36571.
Serving as pallbearers are Richard Huggins, Jr., Trey Huggins, Dennis Huggins, Tim Huggins, Daniel Huggins, Kurt Smith, and Doug Huggins.
The family would like to thank Springhill Home Health and Hospice and special thanks to Natalie and Carrie.
Contributions in Mary's memory may be made to Fountain of Life Church, 1277 Jubilee Dr, Saraland, Alabama 36571, www.fountainoflifechurch.net.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.RadneyFuneralHome-Saraland.com for the Huggins family.
- Harold Ray (Betty) Huggins and Richard L. (Betty) Huggins, Sons
- Joyce Boykin, Sister
- Dennis (Lisa) Huggins, Denise (Ken) Smith, Tim (Monica) Huggins, and Richard (April) Huggins, Jr., Grandchildren
- Sev en, Great-grandchildren
- Sev en, great-great-grandchildren
- Millard "Bill" Huggins, Husband
- John Gibson, Father
- Carrie Helveston Gibson, Mother
- Philip Gibson and Glen Gibson, Brothers
- Mavis Welford, Doris Turner, and Dora Lee Stewart, Sisters
- Richard Huggins, Jr., Active Pallbearer
- Trey Huggins, Active Pallbearer
- Dennis Huggins, Active Pallbearer
- Tim Huggins, Active Pallbearer
- Daniel Huggins, Active Pallbearer
- Kurt Smith, Active Pallbearer
- Doug Huggins, Honorary Pallbearer
- Fountain of Life Church
- Visitation Friday, September 7, 2018
- Celebration of Life Saturday, September 8, 2018
Mary Lou Gibson Huggins
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY