Maudie Louise Carter Cresong
December 30, 1940 – March 21, 2020
Maudie Louise Carter Cresong, age 79, of Saraland, Alabama passed away on Saturday, March 21, 2020. Maudie was born December 30, 1940 in Wingo County, West Virginia to Martha Hatfield Carter and Lee Carter.
Louise is survived by her children, Patricia Jean Erdmann (Homer Brewer), Sheila Kay Aughtman, Ronald Gary Dotson (Cheryl Ann), Carlos Gregory Dotosn, Dorothy Mae Cresong, Genevieve Cline (Rodney), Kathy Taylor (Rick), James Willard Cresong (Vicky), and Randall Steven Cresong (Donna); siblings, Essie Harris, Rush Carter, Vicie Collins, and Midgie Thompson; 27 grandchildren; and numerous great-grandchildren.
Louise was preceded in death by her husband, Willard Cresong; father, Lee Carter; mother, Martha Hatfield Carter; brother, Ballard Carter; and sisters, Thelma Blankenship and Pansy Belcher.
A graveside service for Louise will occur Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens, followed by interment.
Serving as pallbearers are Eddie Dotson, Ronald Dotson, Doug Dotson, Michael Dotson, Shaun Dotson, Billy Erdmann, Brent "BJ" Douglas and Justin Ritchie.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.RadneyFuneralHome-Saraland.com for the Cresong family.
- Patricia Jean Erdmann (Homer Brewer), Daughter
- Sheila Kay Aughtman, Daughter
- Ronald Gary Dotson (Cheryl Ann), Son
- Carlos Gregory Dotosn, Son
- Dorothy Mae Cresong, Daughter
- Genevieve Cline (Rodney), Daughter
- Kathy Taylor (Rick), Daughter
- James Willard Cresong (Vicky), Son
- Randall Steven Cresong (Donna), Son
- Essie Harris, Sister
- Rush Carter, Brother
- Vicie Collins, Sister
- Midgie Thompson, Sister
- 27, Grandchildren
- Numerous, Great-grandchildren
- Willard Cresong, Husband (deceased)
- Lee Carter, Father (deceased)
- Martha Hatfield Carter, Mother (deceased)
- Thelma Blankenship and Pansy Belcher, Sisters (deceased)
- Ballard Carter, Brother (deceased)
- Eddie Dotson, Active Pallbearer
- Ronald Dotson, Active Pallbearer
- Doug Dotson, Active Pallbearer
- Michael Dotson, Active Pallbearer
- Shaun Dotson, Active Pallbearer
- Billy Erdmann, Active Pallbearer
- Brent "BJ" Douglas, Honorary Pallbearer
- Justin Ritchie, Honorary Pallbearer
- Graveside Service Wednesday, March 25, 2020