Richard Thomas Hovell
November 8, 1951 – February 5, 2020
Mr. Richard Thomas Hovell, 68, of Mobile, Alabama, passed away at his home February 5, 2020. He is survived by his loving wife, Pamela Jane Welton Hovell, and by four children, Melissa Rene Courtney (Joseph) of Saraland, Anastasia Jane Frazier (Matthew) of Mobile, Richard Thomas Hovell, Jr. of Mobile, and Sarah Elizabeth Hovell of Mobile, as well as grandsons Joseph Jerry Courtney, Jr. and Brandon Matthew Frazier. He is also survived by one sister, Theresa Ann Maddox (Kenneth) of Citronelle, and one brother, Donald Lee Hovell (Gina) of Calvert. He was preceded in death by his father, Thomas C. Hovell, Jr., and his mother, Lila Jean Bailey Hovell Cooper. He also leaves behind two nieces, Jennifer Leigh Hovell (Ashley) and Brandy Maddox Howey (John), and three nephews, Jeremy Lloyd Harvison (Janice), Joshua Ray Harvison (Devin), and Brian Lee Hovell (April), and numerous great-nieces and great-nephews. Mr. Hovell was born in Citronelle, Alabama, and served honorably in the United States Air Force during the Vietnam War. He worked for decades at the Courtaulds/Accordis Rayon Plant in Axis, Alabama. Mr. Hovell was devoted to his family and most enjoyed spending time with them, and he loved reading, swimming, playing computer games, and building model airplanes. He will also be much missed by his beloved cats, Henry, Koko, and Kiwi. A memorial service will be held Sunday, February 9, at 2:00 p.m. at the Calvert Baptist Church in Calvert, Alabama.
- Thomas C. Hovell, Jr., Father (deceased)
- Lila Jean Bailey Hovell Cooper, Mother (deceased)
- Pamela Jane Welton Hovell, Wife
- Melissa Rene Courtney (Joseph), Daughter & Son-in-law
- Anastasia Jane Frazier (Matthew), Daughter & Son-in-law
- Richard Thomas Hovell, Jr., Son
- Sarah Elizabeth Hovell, Daughter
- Joseph Jerry Courtney, Jr., Grandson
- Brandon Matthew Frazier, Grandson
- Theresa Ann Maddox (Kenneth), Sister & Brother-In-Law
- Donald Lee Hovell (Gina), Brother and Sister-in-law
- Jennifer Leigh Hovell (Ashley), Niece
- Brandy Maddox Howey (John), Niece
- Jeremy Lloyd Harvison (Janice), Nephew
- Joshua Ray Harvison (Devin), Nephew
- Brian Lee Hovell (April), Nephew
- and numerous great-nieces and great-nephews.
- Memorial Service Sunday, February 9, 2020
Richard Thomas Hovell
Van Wilson Dunn Sr.
February 8, 2020
Condolences and Prayers to the Family.
February 7, 2020
Remembering when Richard took me to Burger King to met the love of his life she worked there and when we walked in I thought Pam was going to pass out.
How could he do this she must have said. He went to talk to her, he new he was in trouble by the look on her face.
But all went well when he introduced me as his sister. I bet he learned not to
ever take his sister to met anyone without telling them that I was his sister first.