November 2, 1936 – April 1, 2018
Roosevelt Ruffin - an 81 year-old native of Whynot, Mississippi and a longtime resident of Saraland went home to be with the Lord on Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018. Mr. Ruffin enjoyed the finer things in life and wanted his family to enjoy them too. He liked to garden and spent many hours talking to his friends on the phone. He will be greatly missed. Mr. Ruffin was preceded in death by his parents, R.H. and Mae Bell Ruffin; sons, Rickey Ruffin and Maverick Ruffin; and brother, Willie H. Ruffin. He is survived by his beloved wife of 60 years, Freddie Ruffin; daughters, Beverly Rocker (Ronnie), Tcherlinda Johnson (Reginald), and Verletta Donald; daughter-in-law, Donna Ruffin; 13 grandchildren; many great-grandchildren, other relatives and friends. Funeral services will be held from the chapel of Radney Funeral Home in Saraland on Saturday, April 7, 2018, at 12 p.m. Visitation will be held at the funeral home from 10 a.m. until the service hour. Interment will be in Gethsemane Cemetery. Condolences may be offered at www.radneyfuneralhome-saraland.com. Arrangements by Radney Funeral Home, 1200 Industrial Parkway, Saraland, Alabama 36571.
- R.H. Ruffin, Father
- Mae Bell Ruffin, Mother
- Freddie Ruffin, Beloved Wife of 60 Years
- Rickey Ruffin, Son
- Maverick Ruffin, Son
- Donna Ruffin, Daughter-in-law
- Beverly & Ronnie Rocker, Daughter & Son-in-law
- Tcherlinda & Reginald Johnson, Daughter & Son-in-law
- Verletta Donald, Daughter
- Willie H. Ruffin, Brother
- Survivors also include 13 grandchildren, many great-grandchildren, other relatives and friends.
- Visitation Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, April 7, 2018