Thomas "Tom" Leston Thompson
May 5, 1951 – June 1, 2018
Mr. Thomas “Tom” Leston Thompson, age 67, passed away at his home on Friday, June 1, 2018. He is preceded in death by his parents, Alfes Joseph and Gladys Thompson. Mr. Thompson served his country honorably in the United States Navy. He retired from UOP as a Control Systems Specialist after 21 years and retired as a Biomedical Technician for Mobile Infirmary after 10 years. He had served as a Cub Scout Master for several years, was the Voice of the Spirit of Satsuma Marching Band and was Valedictorian of his 1969 Vigor High class. Mr. Thompson enjoyed working on electronics and spending time with his family. Tom is survived by his wife of 47 years, Charlotte Hinds Thompson and children; Christal Thompson (Matt Gibson), Thomas L. Thompson, II (Kimberly) and Brendan Thompson (Carley). He was also the proud grandfather of three grandchildren; Bryanne, Aidan, Margot, great-grandaughter, Hope and brother of Alfes Joseph Thompson Jr. (Pitoon). Visitation will be held at Radney Funeral Home, Saraland, AL on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. Funeral services will be held in the funeral home chapel beginning at 2:00 p.m. Interment will follow in Bay Minette Cemetery, Bay Minette, AL. Condolences may be offered at www.radney funeralhome-saraland.com.
- Charlotte Hinds Thompson, Wife
- Christal Thompson (Matt GIbson, Daughter
- Thomas L. Thompson (Kimberly) II, Son
- Brendan Thompson (Carly), Son
- Alfes Jospeh Thompson (Pitoon) Jr., Brother
- Alfes Joseph Thompson Sr., Father
- Gladys Bush Thompson, Mother
- He was also the proud grandfather of three grandchildren; Bryanne, Aidan, Margot, great-grandaughter, Hope .
- Visitation Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- Chapel Service Wednesday, June 6, 2018