Vivian Marie Ezell Chestang
February 13, 1933 – November 7, 2019
Mrs. Vivian Marie Chestang was called home to be with our Lord on November 7, 2019, at the age of 86. She passed away at home (daughter’s) surrounded by loving family members and her pastor. Born February 13, 1933 in Buckatuna Mississippi, she moved to Axis, Alabama upon her marriage to her beloved late husband Pierre, where she resided for many years. She was a loving and devoted wife of 58 years, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. A devout Christian, she loved Jesus with all her heart and she served as Secretary and Treasurer, as well as sang in the choir at Axis First Baptist Church, where she was a member for many years. She was also a member of the Satsuma Eastern Star #515 at Howard Blackwell Lodge #899. She owned her own business, Chestang Tax Service, which served the community of Axis and surrounding areas. She was preceded in death by her parents Lewis Franklin Ezell and Lora Jane Cooley Ezell, her loving husband Pierre, her brothers Elbert and Robert, and sisters Annie, Edna, and Ruth. She is survived by daughter Linda Sowell (Van) and sons Wayne Chestang (Lesa) and Eddie Chestang (Janie); grandchildren Jenny Buck (Joshua), Lauren Chestang, Retired Captain Jacob Sowell, U. S. Army, Matthew Sowell, and Lillie Chestang, and great grandchildren Camden, Cady, Magnolia and Iris and brothers, James and Ira, and sister Dorothy.
A visitation for Vivian will be held Sunday, November 10, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Radney Funeral Home, 1200 Industrial Pkwy, Saraland, Alabama 36571. A celebration of life will occur Monday at 10:00 a.m. at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Creola Cemetery, Creola, Alabama.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.RadneyFuneralHome-Saraland.com for the Chestang family.
- Linda (Van) Sowell, Daughter
- Wayne (Lesa) Chestang, Son
- Eddie (Janie) Chestang, Son
- James, Ira, and Dorothy, Siblings
- Lewis Franklin Ezell, Father (deceased)
- Lora Jane Cooley Ezell, Mother (deceased)
- Pierre Chestang, Husband (deceased)
- Elbert and Robert, Brothers (deceased)
- Annie, Edna, and Ruth, Sisters (deceased)
- Grandchildren, Jenny Buck (Joshua), Lauren Chestang, Retired Captain Jacob Sowell, U. S. Army, Matthew Sowell, and Lillie Chestang; Great-grandchildren, Camden, Cady, Magnolia and Iris
- Visitation Sunday, November 10, 2019
- Celebration of Life Monday, November 11, 2019