Wilbur Bernard Wesley
January 23, 1930 – August 3, 2018
Wilbur Bernard Wesley, age 88, of Satsuma, Alabama passed away on Friday August 3, 2018. Wilbur was born January 23, 1930 in Red Level, Alabama to Lena Jane Turner Wesley and Charles Wesley.
Wilbur is survived by his children, Mac Neal (Daphne) Wesley, Linda Wesley (David) Tucker, and Keith Bernard (Angela) Wesley; grandchildren, Jeffery, Jason, Justin, Paula, April, Wes, Chad, Tifani, and Kory; great-grandchildren, Austin, Arec, Jessica, Jancie, Julieanna, Chance, Nate, Mac Kenzie, Bailey, Emma, Pearson, Alek, London, Kelsey, Adalyn Sue; great-great-grandchild, Ella Grace; his twin sister, Wilma (J.P.) Philen; brothers, Otis (Edith) Wesley, Max (Gloria Jean) Wesley, and Roy (Annette) Wesley; caregivers, Catherine Surles and Martha Weeks; and numerous nieces, nephews, family, and friends.
Wilbur was preceded in death by his wife, Sue M. Wesley; father Charles Wesley and mother Lena Jane Turner Wesley; and brothers, Harold Wesley, Lawrence Wesley, Clarence Wesley, Charles Wesley, Grady Wesley, and Carol Wesley.
Wilbur is a retired, 20 year veteran of the United States Navy and retired after 22 years of service as Fire Inspector for the Saraland Fire Department.
A visitation for Wilbur will be held Monday, August 6, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Radney Funeral Home, 1200 Industrial Pkwy, Saraland, Alabama 36571. A funeral service will occur Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. at the funeral home. An interment will follow at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens, 10000 Celeste Rd, Saraland, Alabama 36571.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.RadneyFuneralHome-Saraland.com for the Wesley family.
- Mac Neal (Daphne) Wesley, Linda Wesley (David) Tucker, and Keith Bernard (Angela) Wesley, Children
- Jeffery, Jason, Justin, Paula, April, Wes, Chad, Tifani, and Kory, Grandchildren
- Wilma (J.P.) Philen, Twin Sister
- Otis (Edith) Wesley, Max (Gloria Jean) Wesley, and Roy (Annette) Wesley, Brothers
- Sue M. Wesley, Wife
- Charles Wesley, Father
- Lena Jane Turner Wesley, Mother
- Harold Wesley, Lawrence Wesley, Clarence Wesley Charles Wesley Grady Wesley, and Carol Wesley, Brothers
- Catherine Surles and Martha Weeks, Caregivers
- Great-Grandchildren, Austin, , Arec, Jessica, Jancie, Julieanna, Chance, Nate, Mac Kenzie, Bailey, Emma, Pearson, Alek, London, Kelsey, Adalyn Sue; Great-Great-Grandchildren, Ella Grace
- Visitation Monday, August 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Wilbur Bernard Wesley
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
August 6, 2018
Keith, Angela, and Kory
We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. God's many blessings to you and your entire family.
August 5, 2018
Wilbur and my Dad Vance Phillips were close friends for a lot of years. They both retired from the military and lost their wives who were the love of their lives. While they were able to drive they met for biscuits and coffee and told war stories. These men loved God and their families and God blessed them for many years. My Dad has days of clarity and some not so much. Some days he didn't remember his old friend but today after Church services he ask Keith how his Dad was doing. I was speechless but Keith handled it beautifully. I had chosen not to tell Dad Wilbur had passed away as he didn't remember him when we had talked but today he did. Wilbur was always smiles and Loved his Alabama football . He will be missed but know he is all smiles as he is now back with his Sweet Sue. Love you Wilbur and Roll Tide.
August 4, 2018
Will always remember Wilbur's bright smile and friendly disposition. Praying for you all as you mourn his passing.