Joseph S. McAllister
August 20, 1928 – July 11, 2018
Funeral services for Joseph Stanley McAllister, 89, of Tyler, TX are scheduled for 1:00 pm Monday, July 16, 2018, in the chapel of Richard A. Henry Funeral Home, Battle Creek, MI. Burial will be in the Battle Creek Memorial Park Cemetery.
He passed away on July 11, 2018 in Tyler, TX.
Joseph was born on August 20, 1928 in Battle Creek, MI to the late Ralph Stanley McAllister and Ada Ida (Black) McAllister.
He was a WWII and Korean War Veteran, and an Army Ranger, serving with the 82nd Airborne as a Paratrooper. He served actively for nine years and then served in the National Guard. In his youth he drove a stock car. He was a Boy Scout Council member and a Troop Leader. He served as a Board member of the Kambly School, a volunteer with the Battle Creek Symphony, active with the Church youth group in Board Camp, AR, a UCT member and retired after 36 years from Kellogg's.
Joseph is survived by his daughters Sharlene Miller (Jim) and Teresa Nowland (Terry); his son James McAllister; his grandchildren Kimberly Miller (Nicole), Dawn Miller, Sheryl Miller, James Whited (Andy) and Donald Nowland (Hannah); and his great-grandsons, Avery and Ashton.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife Corinne (Corky) McAllister , brothers-in-law Norman (Katie) Smith and Harlow (Virginia) Smith, sisters-in-law, Ina (Mario)Tabiadon and Betty (Walt) Goldsworthy and cousin, John (Wardie) McAllister.
Pallbearers will be Donald Nowland, Andy Whited, Ashton McAllister, Gary Smith, David Tabiadon and Jim Snyder.
The family will receive friends from 5:00 - 7:00 pm Sunday, July 15, 2018 at Richard A. Henry Funeral Home in Battle Creek, MI.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Board Camp Volunteer Fire Department 561 Polk 59, Mena, AR 71953 or Boy Scouts of America 501 9th Street, Mena, AR 71953 or to the charity of your choice.
- Ralph Stanley McAllister, Father
- Ada Ida McAllister, Mother
- Corinne "Corky" McAllister, Wife
- Norman Smith, Brother-in-law
- Katie Smith, Sister-in-law
- Harlow Smith, Brother-in-law
- Virginia Smith, Sister-in-law
- Ina Tabiadon, Sister-in-law
- Mario Tabiadon, Brother-in-law
- Betty Goldworthy, Sister-in-law
- Walt Goldworthy, Brother-in-law
- John McAllister, Cousin
- Wardie McAllister, Cousin
- Sharlene Miller, Daughter
- Jim Miller, Sister-in-law
- Teresa Nowland, Daughter
- Terry Nowland, Son-in-law
- James McAllister, Son
- Kimberly Miller and spouse Nicole, Granddaughter
- Dawn Miller, Granddaughter
- James Whited and spouse Andy, Grandson
- Donald Nowland and spouse Hannah, Grandson
- Avery Miller, Great Grandson
- Ashton Whited, Great Grandson
- Donald Nowland
- Andy Whited
- Ashton McAllister
- Gary Smith
- David Tabiadon
- Jim Snyder
- Visitation Sunday, July 15, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, July 16, 2018
Joseph S. McAllister
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
July 12, 2018
I remember the skull collection so perfectly organized. Joe's quiet strength,respect for nature, and wisdom along with Corkys vivacious laugh are fond memories. They were awesome. So sorry for your lost. Deborah Sweet