Richard Gray Gilmore
September 22, 1933 – April 7, 2018
Memorial Service for Richard Gray Gilmore, 84, of Tyler, is scheduled for 3:00pm, Sunday, April 15, 2018 at The Historic Aviation Memorial Museum, 150 Airport Drive # 2-7 Tyler, the Old Terminal Airport with Pastors Tom Maddox and Brooks Taylor officiating.
He passed away on April 7, 2018 in Tyler.
Richard was born on September 22, 1933 in Pine Bluff Arkansas to the late Walter E. Gilmore and Frances Poynter.
He proudly served in the United States Air Force for almost 10 years and the Civil Air Patrol for almost 20 years where he achieved the rank of Major. He later on retired from both General Electric and the University Of Texas Health Center. Richard was an amazing son, husband, father, step-father, grandfather, great-grandfather, uncle, and friend. He was loved by many and will be truly missed.
He is survived by his loving wife Karon Gilmore of Tyler; sons Rick Gilmore and wife Janie of Tyler, and Larry Gilmore of Tyler; step-sons Brent Benson and wife Jan of Dallas,Chad Benson of Dallas, Donal Domm and wife Belinda of Oklahoma City, and David Domm of California; step-daughter Dana Law of Tyler; brother Jim Gilmore and wife Mary of Houston; ten grandchildren Heather Rowe and husband Jeff, Kim Wiegman and husband Chris, Jason Gilmore, Josh Gilmore, BreAnn Benson, Jacob Law and wife Alicia, Jordan Law, Justin Law and wife Brandi, Jessica Law and husband Shawn, and Mitch Davis and wife Lindi; sister-in-laws Joyce Loftis and Jim Morton; and Linda Chesley. Richard is also survived by numerous great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents, he preceded in death by his son David Gilmore.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Historic Aviation Memorial Museum or the American Parkinson's Disease Association.
- David Gilmore, Son
- Karon Gilmore, Wife
- Rick Gilmore and wife Janie, Son
- Larry Gilmore, Son
- Brent Benson and wife Jan, Step Son
- Chad Benson, Step Son
- Donal Dom and wife Belinda, Step Son
- David Dom, Step Son
- Dana Law, Step Daughter
- Jim Gilmore and wife Mary, Brother
- Heather Rowe and husband Jeff, Granddaughter
- Kim Wiegman and husband Chris, Granddaughter
- Jason Gilmore, Grandson
- Josh Gilmore, Grandson
- BreAnn Benson, Granddaughter
- Jacob Law and wife Alicia, Grandson
- Jordan Law, Grandson
- Justin Law and wife Brandi, Grandson
- Jessica Law and husband Shawn, Granddaughter
- Mitch Davis and wife Lindi, Grandson
- Joyce Loftis and Jim Morton, Sister-in-Law
- Linda Chesley, Sister-in-Law
- Richard is also survived by numerous great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Historic Aviation Memorial Musuem
150 Airport Dr #2-7, Tyler, Texas 75704
American Parkinsons Disease Association
- Memorial Service Sunday, April 15, 2018