Rosewood-Kellum Funeral Home & Rosewood Memorial Park
601 North Witchduck Road, Virginia Beach, VA
June 12, 1933 – June 6, 2019
John Lawrence Shepherd, 85, passed away on June 6, 2019. He was born in a log cabin in Donelson, TN on June 12, 1933 to the late Milton and Eunice Shepherd. He proudly served his country in the US Navy, retiring as a QMC after 30 years of service. He then pursued a career in photography. John was an avid golfer and enjoyed, motorcycles, drag racing, and fishing.
Left to cherish his memory are his loving wife of 64 years, Betty Shepherd; daughters, Terry Shepherd Brown (David) and Tonya Darlene Whitley (Albert); grandchildren, John Zachary Brown (Christie), Megan Brown Hardey (Ryan), Courtney Nichole Thomas (Taylor), Lindsey Brown Schultz (Jason), and Brittany Michelle Whitley (Adam); great-grandchildren, Skylar Renee Hardey, Kamdyn Rae Thomas, and Jasper Ryan Hardey; sisters-in-law, Libby Shepherd, Jerrie Fatherree (Frank), Ruby Rein (Dennis), Elizabeth Kinchen (Joe), and Patricia Frederick; brother-in-law, Doug Clark; and many nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his brother, James Shepherd and sister, Elaine Clark.
The family will receive friends from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Tues. June 11, 2019 at Rosewood Kellum Funeral Home. A graveside service will be held at 1:00 p.m., Wed. June 12, 2019 at Princess Anne Memorial Park with full military honors. You may offer condolences to the family at www.kellumfuneralhome.com.
- Betty Shepherd, Loving wife of 64
- Terry Shepherd Brown and husband, David, Daughter
- Tonya Darlene Whitley and husband, Albert, Daughter
- John Zachary Brown and wife, Christie, Grandchild
- Megan Brown Hardey and husband, Ryan, Grandchild
- Courtney Nichole Thomas and husband, Taylor, Grandchild
- Lindsey Brown Schultz and husband, Jason, Grandchild
- Brittany Michelle Whitley and husband, Adam, Grandchild
- Skylar Renee Hardey, Great Grandchild
- Kamdyn Rae Thomas, Great Grandchild
- Jasper Ryan Hardey, Great Grandchild
- Libby Shepherd, Sister-in-law
- Jerrie Fatherree and husband, Frank, Sister-in-law
- Ruby Rein and husband, Dennis, Sister-in-law
- Elizabeth Kinchen and husband, Joe, Sister-in-law
- Patricia Frederick, Sister-in-law
- Doug Clark, Brother-in-law
- He is preceded in death by his brother, James Shepherd and sister, Elaine Clark.
- Visitation Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Graveside Service Wednesday, June 12, 2019