William Newell Pierce
August 21, 1940 – September 3, 2018
William Newell Pierce Vietnam veteran (GMTCS USN, Ret.)
Born: August 21, 1940, Leominster, MA. Died: September 3, 2018, Virginia Beach, VA.
Bill will be forever loved and missed by his wife of 53 years, Sylvia (née Morris) and his sons, Edward & Michael (Cynthia). He created a lifetime of cherished memories with his grandchildren, Ashley (Justin) Ellis, Sean (Sabrina) Pierce, Mitch (Brooke) Brown, Alyssa Vargas, Liana Pierce, Adam Pierce, Sara Pierce and Noah Pierce. His loving spirit lives on through his great-grandchildren, Sarah, Jake & Olivia Pierce, Landon & Caleb Ellis and Greyson Brown. Bill is also survived by his brother, Wes (Joan), sister-in-law, Doris, along with many nieces, nephews, great friends and shipmates. Predeceased by his parents, Wesley and Mara, and brother, Roy.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the many caregivers, friends and family who supported us through this difficult time. We are truly grateful for each and everyone of you.
Services will be private.
Crossing the Bar “Twilight and evening bell, And after that the dark! And may there be no sadness of farewell, When I embark; For though from out our bourne of Time and Place The flood may bear me far, I hope to see my Pilot face to face When I have crossed the bar." - Alfred , Lord Tennyson
- Sylvia Pierce, Wife
- Edward Pierce, Son
- Michael Pierce, Son
- Cynthia Pierce, Daughter-in-law
- Ashley Ellis, Granddaughter
- Justin Ellis, Ashley's husband
- Sean Pierce, Grandson
- Sabrina Pierce, Sean's Wife
- Mitch Brown, Grandson
- Brooke Brown, Mitch's Wife
- Alyssa Vargas, Granddaughter
- Liana Pierce, Granddaughter
- Adam Pierce, Grandson
- Sara Pierce, Granddaughter
- Noah Pierce, Grandson
- Sarah Pierce, Great Granddaughter
- Jake Pierce, Great Grandson
- Olivia Pierce, Great Granddaughter
- Landon Ellis, Great Grandson
- Caleb Ellis, Great Grandson
- Greyson Brown, Great Grandson
- Wes Pierce, Brother
- Joan Pierce, Sister-in-law
- Doris Pierce, Sister-in-law
- Mara Pierce, Mother - Deceased
- Wesley Pierce, Father - Deceased
- Roy Pierce, Brother - Deceased
- Mr. Pierce also leaves many nieces, nephews, great friends and shipmates.
William Newell Pierce
February 23, 2019
I remember going over to your house in NAD Earle. I knocked on the door and Bill answered. I went to shake hands with him and I guess the dog thought I was hurting Bill and I had my arm in the dogs mouth. He didn't hurt me but he got my attention! We laughed about it and I baby sat that night!!I love both of you! God Bless and Keep you safe!