Marvin C. Zemlicka
July 22, 1937 – December 6, 2019
Marvin C. Zemlicka, 82, of Houston, TX, passed away December 6, 2019. He was born in Fayette County, TX on July 22, 1937 to Emil and Gabriella Zemlicka. He was married to Ann Zemlicka for 59 years. Marvin had a career with Houston Lighting and Power Co. for 39 years.
He was a member of St. Christopher Catholic Church for 58 years and had a passion for farming, deer hunting, and the Dallas Cowboys. Ann and Marvin attended Thanksgiving Day Cowboys' football games for 42 consecutive years.
He was preceded in death by parents Emil and Gabriella Zemlicka.
He is survived by loving wife of 59 years Ann Zemlicka; son Brian Zemlicka and wife Leslee; daughter Sara Smith and husband Terry; sisters Jeanette McDaniel, Marilyn Floyd and husband Steve, and Jo Ann Zemlicka; grandchildren Chris Zemlicka, Brianna Zemlicka, Phil Smith and fiancée Shelby, Ellen Smith and fiancée Patrick, and Jennifer Smith; great-grandson Cooper Smith; along with numerous nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be held at Forest Park East Funeral Home on Monday, December 9, 2019 from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm with a Rosary at 7:30 pm. Funeral Mass will be held at St. Christopher Catholic Church, 8150 Park Place in Houston, TX on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 11:00 am. Burial will be at St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery in Praha, TX at 4:00 pm.
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to St. Christopher Catholic Church.
- Chris Zemlicka, Active Pallbearer
- Patrick Maslowski, Active Pallbearer
- Steve Floyd, Active Pallbearer
- Phil Smith, Active Pallbearer
- Trent McDaniel, Active Pallbearer
- Clinton Guentert, Active Pallbearer
- Cooper Smith, Honorary Pallbearer
- David Heger, Honorary Pallbearer
- Herman Popp, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dennis Dusek, Honorary Pallbearer
- Nathan Heger, Honorary Pallbearer
- Milton Dittrich, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, December 9, 2019
- Rosary Service Monday, December 9, 2019
- Funeral Mass Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- Committal Service Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Marvin C. Zemlicka
Arlette Hibbard Jarmon
December 27, 2019
I'm so sorry to learn of Marvin's passing. I worked with him at HL&P in Transmission. My favorite memory: while I was pregnant in 1982-83, he teased me that I'd never wear blue jeans and boots again. I proved him wrong. Lol. Rest in peace Marvin.
December 7, 2019
Please except our condolences from the staff of Forest Park East Funeral Home.