IJ Morris at Star of David Cemetery of the Palm Beaches
9321 Memorial Park Road, West Palm Beach, FL
Lorraine S. Miller
October 16, 1927 – October 30, 2019
Lorraine (Sweet) Miller
Lorraine (Sweet) Miller, age 92, died on October 30, 2019, at the Heritage Springs Memory Center in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, on October 16, 1927, she was a daughter of Samuel and Rose (Goldman) Sweet She resided in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, since 2015, and previously lived in Delray Beach, Florida.
Lorraine worked as a senior administrator at the Harvard University of Public Health retiring after 25 years of employment. She also studied sculpture both at Harvard and the Museum of Fine Arts. She enjoyed sculpting and traveling. But her greatest joy was being with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Albert Miller, on March 22, 2015, and by her son, Wayne K. Miller, on April 16, 2004.
Lorraine is survived by her daughter, Lynne C. Miller, wife of Gary F. Clark, with whom she last resided; a granddaughter, Nicole, wife of Edwin Martinez, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania; a grandson, Samuel J. Miller, Wellington, Florida; a great-grandson, Braxton Martinez; a great-granddaughter, Paloma Martinez, and a brother, Alvan Sweet, Florida.
The graveside service will be held on November 10, 2019, at 11:00 am at Star of David Cemetery, 9321 Memorial Park Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33412.
- Lynne (Gary Clark) Miller, Daughter
- Susan Kay, Daughter-in-law
- Alvan (Arlene) Sweet, Brother
- Nicole (Edwin) Martinez, Grandchild
- Samuel Miller, Grandchild
- Braxton Martinez, Great Grandchild
- Paloma Martinez, Great Grandchild
- Albert Miller, Husband (deceased)
- Wayne Miller, Son (deceased)
- Leonard Sweet, Brother (deceased)
- Ann Smith, Sister (deceased)
- Rose Goldman, Mother (deceased)
- Samuel Sweet, Father (deceased)
- Graveside Service for Lorraine S. Miller Sunday, November 10, 2019