Edward Martin Byrne
February 21, 1955 – April 13, 2019
Edward Martin Byrne passed away on April 13, 2019.
He was born on February 21, 1955 in Waukegan, IL to LuElla Marie Alsbury and Charles Eugene Byrne. Ed graduated from Round Lake High. Ed has lived in various places including Illinois, Wisconsin and Utah. On February 23, 1978 Ed married his sweetheart Mary Ann Sosnowski in Waukegan, IL.
He was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and served as a Scout Master. Ed worked as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic and retired from Wheeler Machinery. Ed was an avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed fishing, hunting and camping. He loved working on trucks. Ed spent many hours playing with his three special four legged friends, Cocoa, Bear & Marley. Family was his top priority and he loved spending time with his grandkids.
Ed is survived by his wife Mary, children: Raymond (Ashley) Byrne; Jamie (David) Riley; and Micheal (Amanda) Ellgass; six grandchildren: Brandon, Tristan, Sophie, Jacob, Alex & Noah. Also survived by his mother LuElla Byrne and siblings: Gene Byrne; Mike (D’Ann) Byrne; Craig (Pat) Byrne; Charles (Sharrie) Byrne.
Preceded in death by his father Charles Byrne.
Services will be held Saturday, April 20th at the Georgetown Ward located at 5823 South 4800 West, Kearns UT 84118. Visitation will be from 10am-11am and services will be held from 11am-12pm.
- Charles Eugene Byrne, Father
- LuElla Marie Alsbury, Mother
- Raymond Byrne, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mike Byrne, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mike Ellgass, Honorary Pallbearer
- Craig Byrne, Honorary Pallbearer
- David Riley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Charles Byrne, Honorary Pallbearer
- Gene Byrne, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, April 20, 2019
- Memorial Service Saturday, April 20, 2019