Verner Corless Hardman Jr.
November 21, 1927 – May 12, 2018
Verner Corless Hardman, Jr. passed away peacefully at home with his loving wife by his side at the age of 90.
Vern was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on November 21, 1927, the eldest son of Verner and Maria Hardman. He married his sweetheart, Virginia McCleve (whom he affectionately called Gin) on February 25, 1948 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple and together they had 5 children.
Vern had a creative mind which led him to spend his career as a developer and home builder of many beautiful communities. As a member of the LDS church, Vern served faithfully in many callings throughout his life. Vern was a generous and kind man who loved to give to those in need and taught this to his children and grandchildren. Vern was a devoted husband, father, and grandfather who was full of life and loved to make people laugh with his practical jokes. He was also a great listener and was the person who everyone felt they could turn to for advice. He instilled into all those around him a determination to do their best and constantly taught this through his favorite quote, “If we don’t try, we don’t do and if we don’t do, what are we on this earth for?”
We are grateful for a lifetime of memories. He will be greatly missed but we rejoice knowing that we will be with him again.
He is survived by his wife Virginia of 70 years; his children Wendy, (Tom) Dianne, Julie and Scott (Sherry); 15 grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his son Michael, his parents, and his brother and sister.
A graveside service will take place on Friday, May 18th at 12:00 at Valley View Memorial Park 4335 West 4100 South, West Valley City, Utah 84120. A viewing will be held 1 hour prior to the graveside service.
- Verner Corless Hardman Sr, Father
- Maria Lydia Faber, Mother
- R. Scott Hardman, Pallbearer
- Thomas L. Spencer, Pallbearer
- R. Joshua Hardman, Pallbearer
- Christian T. Spencer, Pallbearer
- Jaran Hardman, Pallbearer
- Anthony Parry, Pallbearer
- Cody Pearce, Honorary Pallbearer
- Michael T. Spencer, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jeremy T. Spencer, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jasen Hardman, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jayd Hardman, Honorary Pallbearer
- Thomas Rasmuson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Joey Stinger, Honorary Pallbearer
- Scott Poderick, Honorary Pallbearer
- Graveside Service Friday, May 18, 2018
- Viewing Friday, May 18, 2018