Velma M. Giles
February 15, 1920 – June 15, 2019
Velma M. Giles, 99, of Lincoln, NE passed away June 15, 2019. She was born February 15, 1920 to Conrad and Anna Dankers in Orleans, NE. She was a member of Grace Lutheran Church and a Charter Member of the American Legion Auxiliary Post #354. She was a volunteer for Meals on Wheels and the VA Hospital for many years.
Survived by daughters, Sharon (Larry) Genthe and Lynette (Michael) Lewis; 7 grandchildren; 21 great grandchildren; daughter in-law, Sheri Giles; son in-law, Jimmy Petitt and many other relatives and friends.
Preceded in death by parents; husband, Everett Giles; daughter, Kay Giles; son, Bruce Giles; grandson, Scott Genthe and sister, Viola Mitchell. The family would like to offer their heartfelt appreciation to the staff at Legacy Arbors for the care and love they showed Velma.
- Jeremy Lewis, Active Pallbearer
- Drue Genthe, Active Pallbearer
- Wayne Durham, Active Pallbearer
- Leon Lostroh, Active Pallbearer
- Dan Giles, Active Pallbearer
- Kevin Giles, Active Pallbearer
- Scott Genthe, Honorary Pallbearer
- Michael Genthe, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jamie Parra, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rasa Lila, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jeremy Lewis, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rebecca Woods, Honorary Pallbearer
- James Petitt, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jill Marshall, Honorary Pallbearer
Grace Lutheran Church
2225 Washington Street, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Visitation Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Velma M. Giles
June 20, 2019
Sharon & Lynette.....
It must be so very hard for you to grieve the loss of both your Mom and Dad. They were the most loving, caring people I've ever known and will always remember them. Especially the morning I saw them at a breakfast in Pleasant Dale (I can't remember the town for sure) when I asked about Bruce and they told me he had passed away! What a shock as we were very close friends....wish we had kept in touch after high school graduation....very fond memories of your family.....Take care and sending prayers and our sincere sympathy in your loss. Love, Lana