Patsy Ruth Rogers
September 4, 1934 – September 22, 2019
Patsy Ruth Rogers, of Flint, Texas, passed away on September 22, 2019. She was born on September 4, 1934 to Ruth Smith and W K Dugan in Hamlin, Texas.
Patsy lived a fulfilling life as a loving mother to three children, a caring sister to four siblings, an amazing wife to her late husband Jim and a friend to many. She enjoyed fashion, gambling and loves the Dallas Cowboys.
She is preceded in death by her loving husband Jim Rogers; parents Ruth Smith and W K Dugan; sisters Betty Jo Prock and Linda Huckabee; brother Walter Dugan and her beloved dog J.R.
She is survived by her brother Gene Riley Wright; her children Rhonda and Gus Alvarado of Midlothian, Texas, Tracey and Terry Groom of Mabank, Texas, Jimmy Rogers and Glenda of Winona, Texas; grandchildren Misty Bhatty, Amy Brackenridge, Eric Rogers, Chad Groom, Brianna Drake and Tyler Rogers; great grandchildren Alec, Cameron, Carson, Asher, Bryer, Caleb, Linley, Paxton and Xori. She will be forever missed by her family and dog Ruthie.
A funeral service in memory of Patsy will be held on Friday, September 27, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.at Tyler Memorial Funeral Home - Cemetery and Mausoleum, 12053 State Highway 64W, Tyler, Texas 75704 with Pastor Andre Ward officiating.
In lieu of flowers she requested to have donations made to the Alzheimer’s Association in honor of Jim Rogers.
Because Pasty loved the Cowboys we know she would love if everyone wore their favorite Cowboys attire for her funeral service.
- Jim Rogers, Husband (deceased)
- Ruth Dugan, Mother (deceased)
- W. K. Dugan, Father (deceased)
- Betty Jo Prock, Sister (deceased)
- Linda Huckabee, Sister (deceased)
- Walter Dugan, Brother (deceased)
- J. R., Canine Companion (deceased)
- Gene Riley Wright, Brother
- Rhonda and Gus Alvarado, Children
- Tracey and Terry Groom, Children
- Jimmy Rogers & Glenda, Children
- Misty Bhatty, Grandchild
- Amy Brackenridge, Grandchild
- Eric Rogers, Grandchild
- Chad Groom, Grandchild
- Brianna Drake, Grandchild
- Tyler Rogers, Grandchild
- Mrs. Rogers also leaves great-grandchildren Alec, Cameron, Carson, Asher, Bryer, Caleb, Linley, Paxton and Xori to cherish her memory. She will be forever missed by her family and dog Ruthie.
No services are scheduled at this time. Receive a notification when services are updated.
Patsy Ruth Rogers
September 26, 2019
Patsy was the mother of one of best friends Tracey Groom. I would go visit Patsy on some of our days off together. She was always so uplifting and happy every time I would visit her and Jim. And she would always say there is the girl that likes the redskins with a big smile. You are going to be dearly miss by all.
Love you Heidi Schuster and Meka Shay.