Glenna R. VanWay
March 15, 1931 – March 20, 2018
Glenna Ruth VanWay, 87, passed away on March 20, 2018 at Our Hospice of South Central Indiana inpatient facility. Glenna was born on March 15, 1931 to Jasper and Hannah (Landwher) Ashcraft in Friendship, Indiana. She attended Cross Plains High School. Throughout her life, Glenna had many different jobs. She loved to work and she adored working with people. She enjoyed being a waitress at several restaurants in Columbus, and loved working at Helton Garden Center and Rural King Garden Center. Glenna loved gardening, collecting cat figurines, and shopping at Goodwill. Survivors include her daughter, Pam (Greg) Stone; son, Kevin (Teresa) Young; grandson, Cameron (Abby) Stone; granddaughter, Dawn (Kevin) Mau; great grandsons, Logan Graves, Skyler Morrow, and Elijah Packman; great-granddaughter McKayla Hoover; and two great-great grandchildren; several nieces and nephews; and her cats, Jetta, Sissy, and Socks. She was preceded in death by her parents and siblings; Frances Woliung, Estel Ashcraft, and Hershel Ashcraft. A funeral service for Glenna will be held Monday, March 26, 2018 at 11 am at Myers-Reed Chapel. Burial will follow at 3 p.m. the same day at Craven Cemetery in Milan, Indiana. Visitation will be held Sunday, March 25, 2018 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the funeral home, and one hour prior to service time on Monday. Memorial Contributions in Glenna’s name may be made to the Bartholomew County Humane Society.
- Pam Stone, Daughter
- Kevin Young, Son
- Cameron Stone, Grandchild
- Dawn Mau, Grandchild
- Logan Graves, Great Grandchild
- Skyler Morrow, Great Grandchild
- Elijah Packman, Great Grandchild
- McKayla Hoover, Great Grandchild
- Glenna is also survived by 2 great-great grandchildren, many nieces and nephews, and her cats, Jetta, Sissy, and Socks.
- Bartholomew County Humane Society
- Visitation Sunday, March 25, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, March 26, 2018