November 2, 1924 – October 4, 2019
Elizabeth (Bartlett) Jourdan, 94, of Evansville, IN passed away on Friday, October 4, 2019.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Earl of 46 years; son, Wayne; parents, Frank and Theresa Bartlett; sisters, Joan Jackson and Elaine Holcomb; and brothers, Clifford, Clarence and Harold Bartlett.
Elizabeth is survived by her daughters, Barbara Jourdan Johnson, Karen Jourdan Acton (Larry); five grandchildren, Laura Jourdan Dayvolt (Tom), Chastity Johnson, April Johnson Zabala (Vince), Kent Acton and Rachel Acton; four great grandchildren, Jourdan Seib, Gerald Seib, Amaya Johnson and Preston Acton; sisters, Vivian Collins and Judith Bilderback; and brother, Paul Bartlett.
She was a member of Bethany Christian Church. Elizabeth was strong and compassionate. She enjoyed playing her violin, gardening, embroidery, 500 rummy, bingo, crafts, and attending craft shows.
Special thanks to caregivers, Elaine, Gay, Marg, Madelyn, Good Samaritan Home, Nurses, C N A, Staff and Heritage Hospice.
Visitation will be held Tuesday, October 8, 2019, from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Alexander West Chapel, with service to follow, officiated by Rev. Eric Robinson.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to SWIRCA, Alzheimer’s Association or Heritage Hospice.
Condolences may be offered at www.AlexanderWestChapel.com.
- Barbara Jourdan Johnson, Daughter
- Karen Jourdan Acton (Larry), Daughter
- Laura Jourdan Dayvolt (Tom), Grandchild
- Chastity Johnson, Grandchild
- April Johnson Zabala (Vince), Grandchild
- Kent Acton, Grandchild
- Rachel Acton, Grandchild
- Jourdan Seib, Great Grandchild
- Gerald Seib, Great Grandchild
- Amaya Johnson, Great Grandchild
- Preston Acton, Great Grandchild
- Vivian Collins, Sister
- Judith Bilderback, Sister
- Paul Bartlett, Brother
- Visitation Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, October 8, 2019