Oran "Jim" Clarence Birdwell, Jr.
July 23, 1935 – January 28, 2019
Oran “Jim” Birdwell, 83, of Evansville, IN, passed away on Monday, January 28, 2019. He was born in Nashville, TN on July 23, 1935 to the late Oran and Grace Birdwell, Sr.
After serving in the U.S. Marines, where Jim served in Korea, he went to Printers Trade School and worked with several smaller newspapers in Indiana, Kentucky and Missouri. Jim retired from the Evansville Courier and Press where he was a type setter for over 30 years.
He was a member of Washington Avenue Church of Christ where he served as a Deacon for many years. Jim was an avid sports fan.
He is survived by his wife of 52 years, Voris; daughter, Jeannie Shutt (Gary); grandson, Patrik Taylor (fiancée Jade); granddaughter, Jessica Rudy (Houston); great-grandchildren, Makinsey, Hugh, Reagan and Mason; sisters, Peggy Watkins and Judy Hardaway; nieces and nephews.
A Funeral Service will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 2, 2019 at Alexander East Chapel, officiated by Stephen Rogers, Minister, with entombment in Oak Hill Mausoleum. Family and friends may visit from 10:00 a.m. until service time at the funeral home.
- Voris Birdwell, Wife of 52 years,
- Jeannie Shutt (Gary), Daughter
- Patrik Taylor (fiancee, Jade), Grandson
- Jessice Rudy (Houston), Granddaughter
- Makinsey, Hugh, Reagan & Mason, Great Grandchildren
- Peggy Watkins, Sister
- Judy Hardaway, Sister
- Mr. Birdwell is also survived by nieces and nephews who will cherish his memory.
- Visitation Saturday, February 2, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, February 2, 2019